Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other thing I'm thinking, if the PSV director has any substance, and coming out if nowhere about two days after silva became available, throw in the odd story about Sandro now having a future and not being available to leave, is it a signal maybe the owner is putting the brakes on any transfer activity in and out until certain changes are made, most likely at seasons end?

Also will add the Lennon thing hitting a snag around that time before going ahead after a delay, which could have been it needing to be ran past certain new people for there okay on it...

...makes sense to take stock, I suppose.

Allardyce was the only manager with any real experience of working with a team in our position who was remotely interested in taking us on.He took a team with the worst defence, no recognised LB and.the most unbalance midfield in the division.Is he to blame for everything that Koeman did before he arrived?

No. But he is to blame for recent performances and not signing a left back!!

We're not getting a left back are we?

200.webp

I keep telling myself that surely they won't let it happen but here we are with a week to go and the Echo says we're registering Garbutt.

It's pathetic.

It might be too late for this, but if i were DoF I'd have planned this for January:

Disclaimer: Football Manager style ideas with 20/20 Hindsight

Sign
Striker Giroud, Batsuihaiyi or however you spell it - ok we got Cenk who might be good
LB - I dont know who but they've got more scouts than me!
CB Vermaelen

OUTS:
Lennon
Williams
Besic
Schneiderlin
Stek

Short term loans to teams like Celtic, Ajax, Valencia, Lyon or Wolves, (i.e. a top half team in a 'lower tier' league)
Lookman or Vlasic (one of them only)
DCL
Beni Baningime
David Henen
Klassen
Sandro

Moving to the squad for next year, we could start to see really good U23's / young players in either first or back up position for some key positions and we would should make sure we sign up and keep long-term: Kenny, Dowell, Davies, DCL, Lookman, Vlasic, Beni
and take a ruthless decision and keep ONLY ONE of Klassen, Gylfi and Rooney because otherwise we will lose Dowell.

It might be too late for this, but if i were DoF I'd have planned this for January:

Sign
Striker Giroud, Batsuihaiyi or however you spell it - ok we got Cenk who might be good
CB Vermaelen

OUTS:
Lennon
Williams
Besic
Schneiderlin
Stek

Short term loans to teams like Celtic, Ajax, Valencia, Lyon or Wolves, (i.e. a top half team in a 'lower tier' league)
DCL
Beni Baningime
David Henen
Klassen
Sandro

Moving to the squad for next year, we could start to see really good U23's / young players in either first or back up position for some key positions and we would should make sure we sign up and keep long-term: Kenny, Dowell, Davies, DCL, Lookman, Vlasic, Beni
and take a ruthless decision and keep ONLY ONE of Klassen, Gylfi and Rooney because otherwise we will lose Dowell.
How many scouts do you have mate?

Sign
CB Vermaelen

OUTS:
Lennon
Williams
Besic
Schneiderlin
Stek

DCL
Beni Baningime
David Henen
Klassen
Sandro

When can you start?

Sign
CB Vermaelen

OUTS:
Lennon
Williams
Besic
Schneiderlin
Stek

DCL
Beni Baningime
David Henen
Klassen
Sandro

DOF job 100% goes to you!!

Er... he can stamp his feet all he likes about a left back, just like Koeman, but it’s down to the DOF to get something done... isn’t it?

Only if players who are good enough are made available for transfer by their clubs, the players want to come here and play for Allerdyce and the club is willing to pay the required transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back