Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I get the impression (based on nothing) that Tosun was planned and Walcott was opportunistic.

Hopefully Garbutt’s involvement doesn’t signify that we will not be signing a LB, just that the club understands that Martina is a no go even as a backup.

I have to be optimistic because I simply can’t live without that profound sense of disappointment at the close of the transfer window.

Garbutt has been registered with the premier league first team squad, it’s like a new signing :D;)

I guess this means none of the LB’s we wanted were available
Good news, I'm not sure ATM was really the right time to buy a first choice LB, I've always thought this season if Baines is fit he will start, I think he's also Sams will stick with him until the summer, we could have bought some naff LB cover but Garbutt can do that. Quality LB in the summer will be best imo.

Garbutt has been registered with the premier league first team squad, it’s like a new signing :D;)

I guess this means none of the LB’s we wanted were available
Who really is going to part with a top class LB in January, unless you offer stupid money. In summer there's more time and more available.

Insanity then, insanity. If we ship out a few surely there's scope for a left back? I think it's as bad as the striker situation in the summer.
I see it differently yes we did need a LB to cover if Baines got injured, (which he has) but I have a feeling Sam sees Baines as first choice until summer, so bringing Garbutt in as cover work out ok.

Looks like £5m for Charlton’s Konsa is too pricey but after Lookman what’s the point buying a prospect to just sit him on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back