January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be onto something. I think Koeman self-sabotaged to get a payout... this started after we messed up first the Giroud signing and then Costa. Vlasic said in an interview that he asked for number 19 but was told that was being held for Costa.

Big Sam loves playing ultra-defence and scraping a 1-0 win. In fact he knows no other way. Of our next 7 games we should, normally be looking at 16+ points... but I can't see us winning any. I'm torn between us losing so we can sack his FAT B and get in Silva or holding out until the summer until we get someone better... only thing is, we might chase Simeone all summer and then panic again in August and appoint ANOTHER chump!

i was quite willing to give him a chance when he first came, i firmly believed that given the right tools and a few bob to bring in a couple( striker lb cb) that he could have gotten us pushing toward 7 may be 6th.

Tighten the back 4 and get the midfielders pushing on a bit.

Sadly i was deluded.

Anybody who continues to play Martina and Schniederlin in the same team, while dropping every other player at least once is asking for trouble.

He will be made up if we finish in 17th this season, job done, where's me bonus?

He doesn't care about our club, our history or our supporters.

We have had 26 days now to sign a left back.

This tells me Sam Allerdyce doesn't want one.

He has realised that while Martina plays left back we are going to struggle to pick up points, therefore dragging us back into a relegation battle.

HE LOVES BEING IN A RELEGATION BATTLE

Its the same reason he stopped playing Williams and Holgate, whilst they were playing together we looked pretty tight at the back and started to pick up points and climb the table.

HE HATES NOT BEING IN A RELEGATION BATTLE

He plays 2 DM in every game, to stop us from even thinking about scoring goals,because while we are scoring goals and picking up points, we won't be in a relegation battle.

HE HATES NOT BEING IN A RELEGATION BATTLE.

Your logic is a bit warped here mate.

BS does not love a relegation battle. He’s not mentally ill, or course he’d rather be up the table challenging for Europe.

The reason he’s commonly linked with relegation battles is because that’s his level and he’s renowned for getting teams out of them (normally by playing dire football).

Do you think if he had a blank cheque book and free reign he wouldn’t sign a left back?

Of course he would. Again, good players make his job easier, so naturally he will want to splash the clubs cash, but it’s not that simple - there are budgets, priorities, issues with availability of players and attracting players to consider.

Your logic is a bit warped here mate.

BS does not love a relegation battle. He’s not mentally ill, or course he’d rather be up the table challenging for Europe.

The reason he’s commonly linked with relegation battles is because that’s his level and he’s renowned for getting teams out of them (normally by playing dire football).

Do you think if he had a blank cheque book and free reign he wouldn’t sign a left back?

Of course he would. Again, good players make his job easier, so naturally he will want to splash the clubs cash, but it’s not that simple - there are budgets, priorities, issues with availability of players and attracting players to consider.

Are you saying that he doesn't have a free reign to sign players for his first team?

We have just spent £25M on a centre foward mate, a centre forward who he targeted.
We have just spent £20M on a right winger mate, a right winger that he targeted.

I admit what i said was a little tongue in cheek but to say he doesn't have a free reign is being a little niave.

Do you actually believe this?

He chose the wrong players and formations deliberately?

Come on mate. He wanted to succeed, obviously, as football management is his livelihood and you could visibly see the pressure crippling the man.

Does he or does he not pick Cuco Martina at left back every week?
Does he accidentally do this or deliberately?

Does he pick 2 DM's in virtually every game we play?
Does he accidentally do this or deliberately?

Most of the pressure he is under is of his own doing mate.

Are you saying that he doesn't have a free reign to sign players for his first team?

That is exactly what I’m saying and frankly, I think it’s blindingly obvious.

He is restricted by availability of funds, he is restricted by our director of football, he’s restricted by the availability of a better left back wanting to come here.

It’s just mental to argue that he’s deliberately not improving the squad. Obviously, if he had infinite money and free reign he would do so.

You may be onto something. I think Koeman self-sabotaged to get a payout... this started after we messed up first the Giroud signing and then Costa. Vlasic said in an interview that he asked for number 19 but was told that was being held for Costa.

Big Sam loves playing ultra-defence and scraping a 1-0 win. In fact he knows no other way. Of our next 7 games we should, normally be looking at 16+ points... but I can't see us winning any. I'm torn between us losing so we can sack his FAT B and get in Silva or holding out until the summer until we get someone better... only thing is, we might chase Simeone all summer and then panic again in August and appoint ANOTHER chump!

Do you actually believe this?

He chose the wrong players and formations deliberately?

Come on mate. He wanted to succeed, obviously, as football management is his livelihood and you could visibly see the pressure crippling the man.

consider it from this angle mate.

the club he worked at failed for the second season running to sign the one position he asked for. In fact he asked for a left back and a striker after every single game in august pretty much.

(Which come january, what positions did we need more than any?)

So the club fail to sign a striker at the very least (after selling your only one) and it is the second year in a row. Do you not think it is a possibility that he would want to be sacked because he can get a job elsewhere, he can walk into the holland job if he so desires. He is ronald koeman, he gets work on name alone.

My theory as i have said before is that the team and tactics you saw under koeman was exactly the way he wanted to play this season, except without his striker. So he sent the team out to play the tactics, almost as if it was a message to the board saying this is what i wanted and this is waht you gave me. So no striker meant team couldnt play, means we lose games.

ergo, get sacked and enjoy the payoff!

Does he or does he not pick Cuco Martina at left back every week?
Does he accidentally do this or deliberately?.

Yes, he picks Martina, because we have no one else to play there.

He also played DCL because we had not striker, Jags/Williams because we have no decent centre backs, etc etc.

The squad is in need of an overhaul in most positions mate and you’re acting as though our manager isn’t exercising his unlimited freedom to sign whoever he likes because he loves a relegation battle.

Mental.

My theory as i have said before is that the team and tactics you saw under koeman was exactly the way he wanted to play this season, except without his striker. So he sent the team out to play the tactics, almost as if it was a message to the board saying this is what i wanted and this is waht you gave me. So no striker meant team couldnt play, means we lose games.

ergo, get sacked and enjoy the payoff!

Koeman deliberately lost football matches to stick it to his employers, who are paying him £6m a year, because they didn't get a player in he wanted?

I find it very difficult to believe that he would tarnish his reputation in such a petulant manner.

Do you not think it is a possibility that he would want to be sacked because he can get a job elsewhere, he can walk into the holland job if he so desires.

He has spent many years building a reputation as a manager and being sacked harms that massively. Reputation is everything in football management.

Koeman was visibly a wreck in his final games for us, arguing with the officials at the end of games, unshaven, angry. Are you saying this was all an act because he’d deliberately put out losing sides?

Honestly mate, it’s a barking mad theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back