January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Sam has a call on the targets but he doesn't have a blank cheque book
I think that he may have a budget to sign players and has done so but money has been recouped from the sales of Lennon and Barkley with still more to go if buyers can be found.

However, I do think that we will sign players or at least would if the right ones become available.

We have seen so often recently that the days of players being stripped from smaller clubs for a fraction of their worth is long gone.
The serious transfers in the window have been triggered by contracts running out or players very publicly agitating to move to a particular club.

We are out of everything and should be able to finish mid table somewhere.

I would prefer to wait until the summer for the right player than pay too much for a second or third choice target.
We nearly had a signing a day for a while last summer that hasn't worked.
Targets need to be for the right areas and have the right ability.

My original post was very much tongue in cheek.

IMO a left back should have been targeted during the first half of the season once the severity of Baines's injury became apparent.

It was obvious to everybody after Martina's first game at left back that he wasn't up to the job, the same urgency should have been given to this as it was for the search for a striker.

My original post was very much tongue in cheek.

IMO a left back should have been targeted during the first half of the season once the severity of Baines's injury became apparent.

It was obvious to everybody after Martina's first game at left back that he wasn't up to the job, the same urgency should have been given to this as it was for the search for a striker.
Before the window opened Sam mentioned needing a left back as much as he talked about a striker.

I think he may have had Shaw in mind and that probably has gone by now.
I do believe that if he could he would like a left back and a central midfielder.
I still we will be active in the last days as Sam can be a wheeler dealer.

TWENTY-SIXTH of January. 3 working days to sign a left-back. Koff Everton you clowns.

Regardless of the obvious fact that Big Sam needs gassed at the final whistle of the last game (or in before the home derby to let the new man settle in - if he is without a club - ie Silva), we need a f8cking left back.

I would accept giving Garbutt a go, but we still need something else! Bring Galloway back if possible and let them fight it out... How far is Gibson off the first team, I cringe at Funes Mori normally, but even more so at LB... but really we need to consign Martina to the history books like Rodrigo and Eddy Bosnar!

Don't let us down Everton. SIGN.A.LEFT.BACK
How many more times ?? it is NOT happening.

Telles from Porto?

Marcal from Lyon?

Ghoulam from Napoli?

Fabra from Boca Juniors?

Sessegnon from Fulham?

Grimaldo from Benfica?

Denisov from Lokomotiv Moscow?

Gaya from Valencia?

Tagliafico from Independiente?

Bernat from Bayern

Why would any want to leave their current team for us?

Except Fabra and Denisov who are crap.

Tagliafico plays for Ajax as well btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back