Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets put Bolassie, Morgan, Klassen and Williams into a bargain bulk package and try and get £40m for the lot, at least that'll give us half a chance of getting a decent left back and a midfielder who can pass forwards.

As I said, every report I've seen/heard seems to indicate he is very good.

But I'll wait and see until I've actually seen him play.

The RS have just spent £75m on a defender whose only real weakness is actually defending...

I wouldn't have any doubts about this one mate, been impressive every time they're on TV (most weekends). Let's just see how his disciplinary records stands though as he has a bit of the Alli/Xhaka about him.

I watched a video of the lad Brozovic, and whilst he looked pretty good Inter always gave him plenty of options. In almost every clip there were 5/6 Inter players ahead of him and that makes me ask 2 questions.

Firstly, how effective would Brozvic be in our current set up where we rarely get even 2/3 players ahead of the play?.

Secondly, if we were to become that adventurous to get enough players ahead of the ball with good movement, I'd like to see how the likes of Davies, Rooney, Klaassen, even Beni perform, before spending more serious dosh on yet another unproven overseas player.

If we got stressed with Ross mate, God knows what we'd be like with Brozovic.

He's quick thinking and has a nice turn of pace, and technically excellent.

But he's extremely inconsistent. I've seen him change games in an instant but then equally he won't do anything for the next few games and he'll be out of the team and - occasionally - out of the squad, which is baffling considering Serie A allow 12 subs.

If we loan out Besic to Middlesborough would that be enough of a reason to bring in another centre mid? I hope so. I hate 90% of this team.

Both Besic and Klaassen out on loan can see us getting the Inter midfielder on loan with option to buy perhaps.

Only recently under Klopp. The Rodgers era was absolutely awful for signings. Klopp is stupid for persisting with Mignolet Moreno Lovren Clyne Lallana Henderson Can etc.

Wijnaldum was a waste of money, Ox is average for what they paid. Matip is poor, as is Karius and Grujic. So basically he bought well in Mane and Salah. Too soon to tell on Van Dijk (but an awful start) and Keita hasn’t kicked a ball yet.

They’re hardly pulling up trees in recruitment, it’s just that any club looks good when measured against us under Koeman and Walsh.
and Saleh will be off to Real in the summer.

I hope we get a new manager in the Summer and did what Bielsa did when he joined Lille initially: completely freeze out players he didn't want and demote them to the reserves till someone bought them.

Fresh start.
Koeman did that mate. And in fairness, whilst most of the players weren't good enough to play for us, some would argue that there were at least a couple of more than decent players who became casualties of that policy.

But it's what you do with the players that remain that's more important. No good doing one if you can't do the other.

Hopefully our next manager will be able to strike a fine balance.

Pickford: Hopefully, our number one for years to come.
Stekelenburg: Decent backup, and happy to be there.
Robles: Not sure if he's happy losing his place, so I don't envisage him staying for much longer.

Baines: I love him, but his legs have gone. We need a replacement.
Keane: Awful first season, he looks to have regressed since we've signed him. Not sure about his long-term future.
Williams: Decent backs-to-the-wall defender, but offers literally nothing else. Need to sell.
Jagielka: Past it. Need a replacement.
Martina: Decent backup to Coleman, but god awful left back. Not sure if there's any point in keeping him, seeing as Kenny has come in.
Coleman: £60k FFS.
Holgate: Hot and cold. Looks promising, but I'm not sure he's the sort of player we should be continuing with going forward.
Garbutt: Will be gone in the summer, unless he comes in and does a job.
Kenny: Backup to Coleman.

Schneiderlin: Sell the snidey crab man.
McCarthy: Horrific injury, no chance of a sale.
Gueye: Gone from being boss to being dross.
Sigurdsson: Play him in the middle, ffs.
Klaasen: Not seen enough of him to judge, maybe a loan beckons?
Besic: Sell.
Davies: Regressed.
Vlasic: I think he'd look decent with a proper wingback supporting him.
Baningime: Good little player.
Bolasie: Not fit. Never opts for the simple thing, infuriating to watch.
Rooney: Top goalscorer, but we can't rely on him for too long.
Lookman: A defender's worst nightmare, but needs to work on his distribution.

Walcott: Will he finally reach his potential here? I hope so.
Ramirez: Nothing to show that he's capable of playing at this level. Sell.
Tosun: No comment.
Niasse: Scores goals, but thats it. Keep.
Calvert-Lewin: Limited opportunities here with CT signing, loan move may benefit the lad.

Pickford: Hopefully, our number one for years to come.
Stekelenburg: Decent backup, and happy to be there.
Robles: Not sure if he's happy losing his place, so I don't envisage him staying for much longer.

Baines: I love him, but his legs have gone. We need a replacement.
Keane: Awful first season, he looks to have regressed since we've signed him. Not sure about his long-term future. First season in a time that, in theory, like the ball and use full backs more expansively. No chance he should be judged.
Williams: Decent backs-to-the-wall defender, but offers literally nothing else. Need to sell. Worth nothing but agreed, not good enough
Jagielka: Past it. Need a replacement. Able cup deputy
Martina: Decent backup to Coleman, but god awful left back. Not sure if there's any point in keeping him, seeing as Kenny has come in. With Coleman back and Kenny in reserve, Martina isn't needed but again- agreed, he's an able deputy RB
Coleman: £60k FFS. Proper boss
Holgate: Hot and cold. Looks promising, but I'm not sure he's the sort of player we should be continuing with going forward. Loan him out so he can learn when to defend and when to stick his hand in the air claiming for offside.
Garbutt: Will be gone in the summer, unless he comes in and does a job. No idea
Kenny: Backup to Coleman. Agreed

Schneiderlin: Sell the snidey crab man. Seems like his poor form is not ending anytime soon. Shame because last season he was boss.
McCarthy: Horrific injury, no chance of a sale. Shame but worth keeping- good player
Gueye: Gone from being boss to being dross. Not sure what he's expected to do when we literally have no shape to knit a pass together. Means he's flogged after 12 mins.
Sigurdsson: Play him in the middle, ffs. Play him on the left.
Klaasen: Not seen enough of him to judge, maybe a loan beckons? Agreed
Besic: Sell. Agreed
Davies: Regressed. Are you expecting a 19 year old to have the cajones to bail us out in only his second season?
Vlasic: I think he'd look decent with a proper wingback supporting him. Enigma.
Baningime: Good little player. Unknown quantity. All he does is tackle and pass sideways.
Bolasie: Not fit. Never opts for the simple thing, infuriating to watch. Had over a year out. Patience.
Rooney: Top goalscorer, but we can't rely on him for too long. Our best player
Lookman: A defender's worst nightmare, but needs to work on his distribution. Agreed

Walcott: Will he finally reach his potential here? I hope so. Probably not.
Ramirez: Nothing to show that he's capable of playing at this level. Sell. Shame but I agree.
Tosun: No comment. Agreed
Niasse: Scores goals, but thats it. Keep. Woeful but agreed, keep until summer
Calvert-Lewin: Limited opportunities here with CT signing, loan move may benefit the lad. Super sub role beckons. Keep

My take above mate.

That means in a 3 with Rooney and Davies. I don't see any other possible combination. And Davies would need to perform better too.

But that would mean scrapping the beloved 4231 so it won't happen.

Not saying it'll happen but it's the logical thing to do. Player them in the correct positions and ask them to do what they're good at and only that. It's how Leicester won the league really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back