Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the same source as you i.e. nobody actually knows but as you are guessing away so shall I. It would be sorely needed positive news if we confirmed that his wages are off the books hence my doubt that they are paying all his wages.

If you look at transfers historically from clubs like city etc. where players are on large wages - it is generally always reported if a destination club for a loan are only partially paying wages (generally done as PR by destination club to show what a good deal they're getting).

This hasn't happened with this loan.. instead what was 'leaked' was the release clause which again is good PR for Seville. If they were also only paying part of his salary then I'm pretty certain that would also have been leaked as it's positive PR.

Whether you want to go down glass half full or glass half empty routes... that's entirely up to you - but I don't see the sense in assuming it's worst case scenario (we're paying his wages, don't have him available and allowing to leave at a small price in the summer) every time we do any sort of deal.

The knee jerk reaction to anything Everton at the minute seems to be that everything must be pure incompetence and we must be getting the worst deal possible in every scenario... so apologies if my posts came across as having a go at you - I'm just frustrated at the constant negativity in general... even back when we had players like Marcus Bent starting every week - people managed to find a little bit of hope and optimism, now everything is a catastrophe. [To be fair, I think this is a general change to how people look at everything and not just Everton... but it can be exhausting.]

If you look at transfers historically from clubs like city etc. where players are on large wages - it is generally always reported if a destination club for a loan are only partially paying wages (generally done as PR by destination club to show what a good deal they're getting).

This hasn't happened with this loan.. instead what was 'leaked' was the release clause which again is good PR for Seville. If they were also only paying part of his salary then I'm pretty certain that would also have been leaked as it's positive PR.

Whether you want to go down glass half full or glass half empty routes... that's entirely up to you - but I don't see the sense in assuming it's worst case scenario (we're paying his wages, don't have him available and allowing to leave at a small price in the summer) every time we do any sort of deal.

The knee jerk reaction to anything Everton at the minute seems to be that everything must be pure incompetence and we must be getting the worst deal possible in every scenario... so apologies if my posts came across as having a go at you - I'm just frustrated at the constant negativity in general... even back when we had players like Marcus Bent starting every week - people managed to find a little bit of hope and optimism, now everything is a catastrophe. [To be fair, I think this is a general change to how people look at everything and not just Everton... but it can be exhausting.]

Two points there mate :

Marcus Bent, was limited but ran his socks off and did well for us that season that got us into Europe.

Everything we touch at the moment seemingly turns to s*** > catastrophe.

Quite rightly (imo) the fans are reacting to that fact that we seem to have become the Keystone Cops of the Premier League.

Lastly, can you think of anything positive about this football club at the mo ( I don`t include the likes of the youth teams or E.I.C in that ).

Sorry, but I can`t think of a single thing.

We`re like a rudderless ship getting closer to the rocks all the time.

Last edited:

Doesn't make sense why they would bin off Batshuayi and bring in Giroud.
Having been linked with Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch, I'm sure the rent boys will be happy with Giroud though.
Don't know why Conte wants to play more direct, but I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Two points there mate :

Marcus Bent, was limited but ran his socks off and did well for us that season that got us into Europe.

Everything we touch at the moment seemingly turns to s*** > catastrophe.

Quite rightly (imo) the fans are reacting to that fact that we seem to have become the Keystone Cops of the Premier League.

Lastly, can you think of anything positive about this football club at the mo ( I don`t include the likes of the youth teams or E.I.C in that ).

Sorry, but I can`t think of a single thing.

We`re like a rudderless ship getting closer to the rocks all the time.

pickford

Having been linked with Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch, I'm sure the rent boys will be happy with Giroud though.
Don't know why Conte wants to play more direct, but I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Will link up great with Hazard and Pedro like Costa used to. Morata seems to be more of a poacher. Must be nice playing in a team that creates chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back