Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sancho has started our last 3 games, and played the full 90 mins in each, not bad for a 17 year old.

Oxford started last 2 league games before being recalled, and now has gone back to Gladbach, so I suspect he was happy there.

Burke played 25 games for Leipzig last season.

Burke was a sub the whole season, and 2 games in half a season isn't great

I didnt realise sancho had started the last three games, thats class

Burke was a sub the whole season, and 2 games in half a season isn't great

I didnt realise sancho had started the last three games, thats class

I think with Burke it was a case of him not settling, it happens! He's only 20 now, so he actually did pretty well last season, as a 19 year old in a new league, he was involved most of the season, just never really settled.

Sancho is looking good already, but he's a kid, so I'm sure the club will be careful. He also has played for our U19 team in the youth Champions League, and he did really well in that. But he's very much part of the 1st team squad now.

I think with Burke it was a case of him not settling, it happens! He's only 20 now, so he actually did pretty well last season, as a 19 year old in a new league, he was involved most of the season, just never really settled.

Sancho is looking good already, but he's a kid, so I'm sure the club will be careful. He also has played for our U19 team in the youth Champions League, and he did really well in that. But he's very much part of the 1st team squad now.

My cousin who's is a big man chity fan rated Sancho really highly, i didn't think he would get into a team like Dortmund that soon. Great news that he has already got into the first team.

My cousin who's is a big man chity fan rated Sancho really highly, i didn't think he would get into a team like Dortmund that soon. Great news that he has already got into the first team.

he's taken advatange of injuries and circumstances basically, which is how it often happens for youngsters! With Max Philipp out for ages, Reus just back in full training, Yarmolenko out for a while, the whole Aubameyang saga meaning he wasn't playing, Schuerrle just being well, rather crap and also often injured, so he's had his chances and taken them pretty well. I don't think he's going to start loads now, but at least he's shown he can make the step. He really does look a good talent.

I dunno, this is odd. We've been interested in him for about a week it seems, so it's not a suggestion that came in a couple of hours ago and we had to think about.

If inter thought they were upgrading by wanting to deal him for schneiderlin then he can't be too good.

why is he just using Olvier Burke as an example? The Bundesliga is renowned for giving chances to and developing young players, and a lot of them come from many countries, not just Germany.

Jadon Sancho choose to come to the Bundesliga, Reece Oxford wanted to come back to Gladbach, which he now has done. Quite a few young American players choose to come to the Bundesliga too these days. I find it odd that he picks one player who didnt manage to settle. There are plenty of examples of young foreign players who do really well.

I admire Lookman for having the guts to try this, it's a brave thing to do, shows a level of maturity.

British player going to Leipzig so shows example of last British kid going to Leipzig. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back