Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is he just using Olvier Burke as an example? The Bundesliga is renowned for giving chances to and developing young players, and a lot of them come from many countries, not just Germany.

Jadon Sancho choose to come to the Bundesliga, Reece Oxford wanted to come back to Gladbach, which he now has done. Quite a few young American players choose to come to the Bundesliga too these days. I find it odd that he picks one player who didnt manage to settle. There are plenty of examples of young foreign players who do really well.

I admire Lookman for having the guts to try this, it's a brave thing to do, shows a level of maturity.

There was a brilliant article in The Times recently about how Bundesliga team owners are all looking to England for youth as they see this generation as the golden generation from a Europe. They are happy to take them, even if just on loan, and develop and give game time too.

There was a brilliant article in The Times recently about how Bundesliga team owners are all looking to England for youth as they see this generation as the golden generation from a Europe. They are happy to take them, even if just on loan, and develop and give game time too.

I'm confused as to whether or not i can still boo Sam.

British player going to Leipzig so shows example of last British kid going to Leipzig. Makes sense.

Yeah that's true, didn't think of it that way.

I think really, of all the big European leagues, i would say Bundesliga is about the best for young players, it's a league that tends to put emphasis on attack, and on technical ability too, it's good for attacking players for sure. And generally fans are hugely supportive, they will be very patient with young players even if results don't go the right way. Tht doesn't mean Lookman will be guaranteed games of coure, only time will tell how he gets on, it will be tough no doubt. But Ralph Hasenhüttl is a rather pragmatic coach, and also a good coach, who is very good with coaching young players, so whatever happens, working under him for a few months could really help him as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back