Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean a guaranteed sale clause, just a clause that if they want to sign him in summer after his loan they pay X. Really a ridiculous signing and I'm not sure who would take him...just have to hope for an Italian side.

Like Schneiderlin...

We won the Euros and the world cup with Kennys age group...there are a lot of very good players coming through.

Also, its about the team rather than individuals...every successful club over a period of time has had a core number of English players...if we go down this route then add in foreign stars on top in key positions we should be ok...

Its cheaper and allows us to focus on one or two stars a season to be signed rather than huge upheaval.

Winning the youth World Cup doesn't mean England will produce good players tho does it? Out of all those layers maybe 20% will make it in the prem. and buying young English players is not "cheap" they are over hyped and over priced . The best approach for us is the Ajax model or monanco model IMO. Producing or buying youngesters and developing them and selling for a profit .

Benteke would be an awful signing, 1 goal all season in a team who do actually create chances. His all round play and attitude has been awful. Misses more chances than our strikers even get.
He was very good at villa, so there's no reason he couldn't produce here, our options are quite limited and I don't really want a player in with no PL experience. I would like Vardy but there's not much chance of that.

I agree with Benteke not being worth it.
It really scares me that this is a real possibility.

Id much rather see us get some pace and potential rather than repurposed multiple times Striker.

1. Vincent Aboubakar
  2. Dembele
  3. Duvan Zapata
Id take Giroud because he is absolute class in my book. He could then be a solid mentor to someone to eventually take the reigns.

DCL is solid in what he has been asked to do. FFS he needs to work on his timing in the air. It is beyond frustrating watching him going to air.

CB: wait until summer. Dont overpay. Give SA a chance with Keane...We got something in Holgate.
LB: I do not care as long as they have PACE and offer something going forward. Multidimensional is a must.

Think you will find that we will have the Croatian lad, Viva or Vida something like that, has signed a pre contract with Besiktas, but we have offered more money and more of a last six month transfer fee

Think you will find that we will have the Croatian lad, Viva or Vida something like that, has signed a pre contract with Besiktas, but we have offered more money and more of a last six month transfer fee
Where have you heard this mate? Last I read he was all but a Besiktas player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back