Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A striker is part of the problem but not wholly the answer for me and particularly the risk adverse way we are playing at the back our transition is really bad.

How many times in the last few days have we seen a gaping hole between DCL and the rest of the team.

Pace will help the return of speedy support players like Baines, Coleman and Bolaise will assist.

But for me we need that centrally as well we need a number 8 and we also need a creative spark centrally, someone in the Lanzini, Mahrez, Payet mould. Someone who can transition play through vision, dribble, assist and score who can take the ball under pressure to trigger the former a new Arteta basically.

I dont think its a case even if we sign a striker that we will suddenly start scoring lots of goals our whole approach to scoring and supporting play and transition needs a lot of work.

I would be very happy with Lanzini. But cramming him in to our already overcrowded midfield would be a task.

I would be very happy with Lanzini. But cramming him in to our already overcrowded midfield would be a task.

I think we need to be more imaginative then, Gueye and Sneiderlin, they offer meager support play that funnels any of our threat out to the flanks or just going long. Rooney is currently saving the day in there, but how awful did we look without him yesterday and as age approaches the laws of diminishing returns kicks in.

Do we need a new centre back in January?

Im not necessarily sure we do. Our defensive record recently has been up there with their best and the January market is a basket case, the least non essential business we can do the better.

Last edited:

Hi @Adversus mush. It’s real interesting that you have little obsessions like this Sisto as it allows me to link you to it under your banned accounts.

Like here mush as @Adversus
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/transfer-window-thread.77409/page-2097#post-3827877

And here mush as @Westland
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-transfer-thread-2016.81190/page-2185#post-4679196

Good to have you back. As someone who brags about their Donald Trump support I kinda hope your banning is my Christmas present mush. @Groucho.

Top work Chico lid.

Do we need a new centre back in January?

Im not necessarily sure we do. Our defensive record recently has been up there with their best and the January market is a basket case, the least non essential business we can do the better.
Pretty good at left back too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back