Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just think he’s a lanky thug who played for Blackburn and will never get past that. With no idea of how he has played for Sevilla and the qualities he has shown - because all they watch is MOTD.

Their ignorance is Tory like.
Or they insist that La Liga is on the same level as as the Scottish Premier league.

Anyone know a single left back they'd actually want here? You know, that you've actually watched? Ben Davies from Spurs is very good and if Rose is first choice he probably isn't that mad on being a bench warmer, but Poch loves to rotate so he won't sell him.

Past that, Creswell is half decent and I'm struggling to think of anyone else who might be remotely available. Moyesy would even make us pay about £25m for him. Maybe the young lad Chilwell who would cost even more.

Lets hope our scouts look beyond the Prem for once.

Would you have full confidence in us beating Deportivo or Sociedad? Seem to remember Celta Vigo bumming us in pre season recently.

They would have absolutely annihilated the dreadful incarnation of Everton from earlier this season in a similar fashion that Atalanta did. I'm not so sure they'd beat us now. In fact if that Europa group was replayed now we'd probably go through. Such is life.

I agree with most of your post but a little confused why you think I'm too focused on the 'here and now'. Shouldn't we always be focused on the here and now?

I'd like to think that Jags and Williams won't be here next season, they can do a job camping our box but as time goes on we simply can't play that way. A centre back to partner Keane would go a long way to fixing this problem. As for Holgate, all good clubs with European ambition need 4 centre backs. I'd absolutely want him to be one of those 4 alongside Keane, a new signing and Funes Mori (unless we want to replace him too). We still need another centre back though.

We have a nice run of playing utterly dross sides now so I'd like to see Keane & Holgate form a partnership for the time being.

You cant expect things to change overnight Is more precise...agree with your post ;)

..i like Mawson, he plays with real confidence and has a very good goalscoring record for a CB. I agree, though, about the need for pace and athleticism throughout the team. There have been increasing links with Lille defender Soumaoro including a report Walsh has been to watch him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the defender that comes in. 6ft 1in, looks in the Micah Richards type physical mould but there’s not much to see on YouTube.

Ive seen Lille a few times over the years...I have hand on heart never heard of him and 1st half and previously I was watching loads of games on the continent...

Don't understand it tbh

Anyone know a single left back they'd actually want here? You know, that you've actually watched? Ben Davies from Spurs is very good and if Rose is first choice he probably isn't that mad on being a bench warmer, but Poch loves to rotate so he won't sell him.

Past that, Creswell is half decent and I'm struggling to think of anyone else who might be remotely available. Moyesy would even make us pay about £25m for him. Maybe the young lad Chilwell who would cost even more.

Lets hope our scouts look beyond the Prem for once.

Creswell is poor imo...massively overrated

People don't like chilwell but hes 2 years younger than when we got baines...could he be the same quality? who knows

A lot have seen Tierney...not me

martin is the Spanish u21 player we were linked with...hes all action and quick

Sessegnon ive seen in highlights and full games for England u19s and he looks ridiculously good...as in potentially world class.

Few others who could be 'ace' depends on the age and type wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back