Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to cull more this jan. The players who have no hope. Give the rest a chance to prove themselves. I am conifdent with bug sam on board we will be safe so im not concerned who we bring in this window. I rather wait and get 2/3 top players in the summer after a culling.

giphy.gif

I'm really beginning to think everybody involved in football are all bluffers and NO better than us on here. I'm sure if I could be bothered looking I urged us to sign Foster, Wanyama and VVD from Celtic a few years back. Think they cost a combined 30m at the time, I didn't have a huge database of facts or go to Glasgow to watch them numerous times, I watched Celtic games both in Scotland where VVD in particular could easily have smoked a fag and still play with his hands being his back and still looked the best player on the park and Champions league games when all 3 stood out when Celtic beat Barcelona and other big European teams.

With them 3 alone I could have recouped a cool 100m profit.

Our own Steve Walsh the genius shopped at Fleetwood for Jamie Vardy not because he seen potential but that's all he could afford at the time.

Harry Kane was loaned out to 4 teams at Spurs, couldn't get a game at some. Was ready to be shipped out and started banging in a few goals in meaningless Europa league games. Seamus Coleman was 4th choice rb at Sligo Rovers, and wouldn't have kicked a ball at Everton only because we got injuries to Tony Hibbert, Phil Neville and that other fella who played right back all at once.

I'm telling you Bluffers that's what they are just like me.

Mawson, Maguire & Keane.

What a back 3 that would be.

We need to get rid of Galloway + Pennington + Browning +Williams + Mori + Jags

Leaves us with Holgate + Keane. I wouldn't go with 3 at the back, only two but we still need 2 more with pace/positioning to compete.

I'm not a big fan of Maguire but Mawson looks solid and can play Left or Right sided centre back so ideal.

Do
Not
Want
Mawson

Why?

We need to cull more this jan. The players who have no hope. Give the rest a chance to prove themselves. I am conifdent with bug sam on board we will be safe so im not concerned who we bring in this window. I rather wait and get 2/3 top players in the summer after a culling.

Could get rid of more than 19 players and most of them we wouldn't even realise had gone...

Stekelenburg
Robles contract expiry
Garbutt
Galloway
Pennington
Martina
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Mori
Browning
Schneiderlin
Bolasie
McCarthy
Klaassen
Mirallas
Lennon
Barkley
Besic
Sandro

and more...

We would need
1 Back up keeper
2 Centre backs
2 Left Backs
1 Centre midfielder
2 Forwards

Never going to be that much change though surely...so hopefully a lot are shipped out in Jan and we make at least 2 very good signings.

You can shove your back 3 up your back o

I don't mind it but we need to stick to a back 4 with the players we have.

I'd actually take him, but we have been rightly done over by our last 2 signings from Swansea.Williams is a slow yard dog and Sigurdsson is good but £45m good?? Never in any lifetime. Could have had Mahrez for that and change.

No idea why we signed Williams...Sigurdsson looks good actually but I'm not sure hes what we needed...Bolasie is far worse though.

Mawson to me looks like being ideal to add to Keane and Holgate and rotate them all around.

75m for one good season and he’s looked half the player since coming back from that bad injury. Crikey, we will take what we paid for Klassen back and sell Sandro for 15M

We need to get rid of Galloway + Pennington + Browning +Williams + Mori + Jags

Leaves us with Holgate + Keane. I wouldn't go with 3 at the back, only two but we still need 2 more with pace/positioning to compete.

I'm not a big fan of Maguire but Mawson looks solid and can play Left or Right sided centre back so ideal.

Why?

Could get rid of more than 19 players and most of them we wouldn't even realise had gone...

Stekelenburg
Robles contract expiry
Garbutt
Galloway
Pennington
Martina
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Mori
Browning
Schneiderlin
Bolasie
McCarthy
Klaassen
Mirallas
Lennon
Barkley
Besic
Sandro

and more...

We would need
1 Back up keeper
2 Centre backs
2 Left Backs
1 Centre midfielder
2 Forwards

Never going to be that much change though surely...so hopefully a lot are shipped out in Jan and we make at least 2 very good signings.

I don't mind it but we need to stick to a back 4 with the players we have.

No idea why we signed Williams...Sigurdsson looks good actually but I'm not sure hes what we needed...Bolasie is far worse though.

Mawson to me looks like being ideal to add to Keane and Holgate and rotate them all around.
Think the biggest issue we have (or had) is Williams and Martina. There was a point I believed we'd be better starting a goal down than playing them two together. They have improved under SA but really I think they scream below average as players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back