Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if Tosun does come, what do you think then?
Acually I'd like us to get another striker in too, Walcott on loan would be a good addition but then again Niasse could probably be as useful . As for other positions I'd be surprised to see us buy a CB now as we have 2 ageing ones and 2 younger ones and Mori will be back at some point. LB is a bit of an issue, I do think Sam will see that position is Baines when fit, so I would expect us to buy cover there, Martina has do ok there but he's really a player we should use when we are in desperate need of cover, I always thought Garbutt would be the one to come through, for whatever reason that hasn't happened so like I said I'd expect cover for LB. CM I wouldn't expect to see one come in unless we ship out 2 I don't really rate Schneiderlin but I think Sam does, so really if anyone does go I think it will be Besic (loan or sale) and one other perhaps Baningame (on loan).

Everton announce the signing of two brand new defenders.

images
images

Having a look around there is a few players out of favour with some clubs... and contracts in the last year.

Ander Herrera
Juan Mata
Daley Blind
Luke Shaw
Johan Cabaye
Jack Wilshere
Marouane Fellaini (Nzonzi and Fellaini CM would be a best of a midfield)
Diafra Sakho
Yaya Toure

All could offer something......

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1

Listened to a podcast the other day and it appears a few of these guys have 1 year options that can be activated by their squad.

What is Yannicks old self? Doing sole rolls, overrunning the ball and showing no end product?

I’d say he is upto speed.
Id have to agree here, I didnt like him from the start, but then again I tend to not like players who play a bunch of tricks without end product. The one good thing he had going for him were his crosses, but he couldnt finish before he got injured, and he was quite good at giving the ball away. I still hope he shows something of what we paid for, but Im not holding my breath.

Id have to agree here, I didnt like him from the start, but then again I tend to not like players who play a bunch of tricks without end product. The one good thing he had going for him were his crosses, but he couldnt finish before he got injured, and he was quite good at giving the ball away. I still hope he shows something of what we paid for, but Im not holding my breath.

He crosses head down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back