Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yet the gulf between us and them now seems as big as ever despite FSG only averaging 24m net per season. They must be doing something right that we aren't mate, and the players you've listed that we've sold only reinforces that opinion

Between 05-09 they were miles ahead of us winning trophies and challenging for the title. After all of Klopp’s so called genius work they now challenge for top 4 and don’t win anything. I think the gap has got smaller even if the derby performances from us have been worse. Round 07 they were ranked as one of the best in Europe. They’re nowhere near that now.

Sterling wasnt scouted from abroad.

If thats the criteria then lob in Rom, Stones, Rooney, Rodwell, etc etc.

They hit the jackpot with Suarez and Coutiniho, granted, but the resale value of their squads has been pretty rubbish.
I disagree.
Ibe 15m
Smith 6m
Stewart 8m
Sakho 25m
Benteke 32m
Skertl 6m
Wisdom 5m
There is a lot of bang average players some who have hardly played for them, but because of their connection to the dark side, the buying clubs have paid over the odds to recruit them. The fact they got the same amount for Ibe that we got for Barkley (admittedly different circumstances) makes me feel sick.

Well if we cant attract Zaha we may aswell call it a day.

Man City and Chelsea dont need him
Utd he flopped
RS wont go for him
Arsenal wont spend £40 mil + on him
Spurs don't spend big money and Poch tends to go abroad rather than overpriced PL signings.

If Zaha leaves Palace its to either us, West Ham or Leicester.

Lets not forget despite our gashness we still spend more than the teams below us /offer bigger wages. Our fanbase have let this season drag them down into small time expectation.
Zaha really isnt all that mate.
It comes across that you would like us to sign him ,1st Palace will not sell him this window and 2nd apart from the odd decent performance and a distinct lack of goals he spends most of his game trying to win penalties.
Forget about him he aint that good.

I disagree.
Ibe 15m
Smith 6m
Stewart 8m
Sakho 25m
Benteke 32m
Skertl 6m
Wisdom 5m
There is a lot of bang average players some who have hardly played for them, but because of their connection to the dark side, the buying clubs have paid over the odds to recruit them. The fact they got the same amount for Ibe that we got for Barkley (admittedly different circumstances) makes me feel sick.

Fair point. You even left out the ££££ they got for, oh Christ, whats his name> the striker they sold to Chelsea who was great, then utter pony.

edit. Torres ffs. Got a mint for him. Mind you, lobbed that at Newcastle iirc

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back