Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool have actually done a decent job of that the past while and sold said players on for massive profits

All that moneyball stuff that gets mocked by proper football men actually works.

They choose a system, they only buy young players, sell for a massive profit and reinvest.

We are doing the opposite, we have no system, are buying at peak value and wouldn't even break even.

At the moment we are a brainless football club.

All that moneyball stuff that gets mocked by proper football men actually works.

They choose a system, they only buy young players, sell for a massive profit and reinvest.

We are doing the opposite, we have no system, are buying at peak value and wouldn't even break even.

Stones.

I said it in another thread about 6 weeks ago, so I'm sticking to guessing Sturridge and Walcott purely on the basis that they are the only two obtainable players from Sam's one and only England squad!! Glass legs all round, but brilliant on their day.

Fair point. You even left out the ££££ they got for, oh Christ, whats his name> the striker they sold to Chelsea who was great, then utter pony.

edit. Torres ffs. Got a mint for him. Mind you, lobbed that at Newcastle iirc

Torres

While I agree that we are a bit brainless atm, the only player we are guaranteed to not get a bean from in a future fee is Gylfi. Sure, we, in hindsight, over paid for a few, well, Klasson mainly, all the others have a resale value. Unless football breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back