Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't help NOW tho. Jags is done, Williams is...well, enough said about that one, FM is who the hell knows, Keane is a shadow of the player he showed last year which leaves our best CB being a 22 year old.

True but I think we can get by till next season with Holgate and Williams with Keane and or Mori rotating in. Sam has chopped and changed too much Martina and Jags shouldn't be in the team. I can see us going for a left sided defender who can operate at left back as well as centre back if we can clear a few more off the wage bill.

Cull cull cull half this squad. There are so many nowhere near good enough. If players like baines, jags, kenny, lennon etc etc are getting game time next season we are a bottom half table team like this season. We have fallen so far that very average players playing for everton is the norm

Players well past their prime like jags. Shockingly poor players like cuco. Bang Average players who have the odd good game and get gyped up like dcl. Over the last 3/4 years we have got used to average.Have our standards dropped. We have got Used to being well beaten. Leaving in 3 or 4 goals per game.

Cull these players. Cull cull cull and somehow have a real go at bringing in a bit of quality (and pace)
Sell every single one of.them and start again

I'd like to see us utilise Sigurdsson in a way similar to how City deploy De Bruyne which is in a sort of midfield 3 but he always finds himself in a right hand channel where he can link with the winger. The benefit being however is that winger (Sterling) gives De Bruyne the time to pick his head up and try and play a cross with his right foot in behind the opposition defence from whatever angle on the right hand side. It's a really effective tactic that City use and I think Sigursson has good enough delivery to be able to do it for us and now he has a proper striker to aim for. We could also try out Sandro or Lookman on the left hand side as well by doing this.

However this all depends of course on us signing a left back because whilst that passenger is in our team we have no choice but to play a left winger and give him no licence to do anything apart from cover. Sad times.

..I think we’ll need to shift one or two CBs out or the squad will be even more unbalanced (Holgate, Williams, Jagielka, Keane, Mori and Feeney I can think of).

The only players that should remain as part of our defence next season are Kenny and Coleman ( possibly Keane at a push ).

The rest are finished at the top level and I include Baines in this too.

When the ball is on the LW, where it was, the LB for us tucks in. This is basic football. The opposition RB on the touchline can only hurt you if you make the ball to him easily.

To say that Siggy was only bought for offensive reasons like @trueblue10 is insinuating is tosh. A large proportion of the game will be spent without the ball, especially away, so he needs to be able to defend.

But he didn't. He made the pass a piece of cake and forced Martina into a decision. The distance between him and Aurier is huge which means he's caught in two minds as to whether he will get there in time. Instead he stays and hopes to guard against a tap in from Kane et al. He didn't do this well because his body position is wrong but the theory of his thoughts was understandable. You can visibly see he is caught in two minds.

We basically allowed Spurs to do to us what they did at Goodison. Overload one side, quick switch and hope to isolate our full back.

It's a mixture of Allardyce / Siggy / Martina. Not the latter alone.

When you can repeatedly see a player caught in two minds when the same thing happens about ten times in the game, it's normally a red flag he's gash mate.

...L’Equippe reporting Lille are desperate for money and could be prepared to cash in on Forward, Martin Terrier, even though he’s currently on loan at Strasbourg. Everton were linked in the summer and are said to be interested again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back