Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't in a relegation battle. Wouldn't want to loan to Bournemouth anyways tbf.

Rather send him to Spain, make him feel comfortable and then after his holiday in May try to re-integrate him more effectively. Odds on to struggle down South as well, given the rumours of struggling with new country & speaking limited English.

..we could well be in a relegation battle, it would be ludicrous to provide a rival with ammunition. I agree with the clubs approach in looking to move him on a permanent transfer.

..the club needs to trim the playing staff, especially the unused high earners. I’m sure the coaches have come to a conclusion about Ramirez (Allardyce said he’d been given 3 chances and failed to impress), if they are not going to use him they might as well recoup what he’s cost. £8.8m could be an attractive proposition to another club.

We can sell A LOT of players now with the fees paid in the summer for our summer transfer FFP budget as I think being paid now doesn't count for summer funds.

If we can manage to do that then we actually only need a couple of players to have a 7th best side really.

Walsh - £1m
Sandro - £8.8m

Jesus we have no idea how to sell people.

How much did the Reds sell that anonymous left back to Bournemouth for? £8m?

Yes but aren't you aware that there's a world shortage of left backs, or does this only apply to us ?

..we could well be in a relegation battle, it would be ludicrous to provide a rival with ammunition. I agree with the clubs approach in looking to move him on a permanent transfer.
Or loan him to Spain, and again next year. Then collect a much larger fee. 8m is pathetic

Sadly I just want rid of the vast majority of the squad. Not overly arsed how much they leave for.
Disagree. The funds will go toward future transfers and if some of our more expensive signings do end up flops like Klaassen, Keane and to a degree Sigurdsson - the money we could make off a Sandro helps ease the burden.

Sell to the highest bidder.

Every time I see him, he’s like bambi on ice.

..i’m sure his salary is factored into the price. The summers transfer dealings are looking particularly bad business and the club needs to recoup as much as they can. I agree with you, it could be folly holding on to him in the hope of seeing an upturn in form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back