Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s that £100mil coming from? Implies they are all worth £25m. Not a chance. All unproven players. Davies is the only one that regularly played premier league football. We got Walcott for £20m. No one is going to spend more than that on any of them. Sandro May get around 10m.

I suspect Sandro around 10 million mate. The others I would say we would have wanted between 20-30 million pounds. Given we paid 10 for Vlasic and Lookman when they were complete unknowns, and both have developed here I can't see us selling for any less than double our investment. As for Davies, a local lad, a teenager who had 50+ games playing central midfield, there is nobody else with that profile in the Premier League, so doubt he'd be below 30 million.

I appreciate what we'd paid for Walcott. But he has 3 years left at the top maybe, all of the those lads have 10-12 years at the top which will be reflected in the price.

Whether it's Nzonzi or someone else you know Sam will want a physical presence in midfield

And we do need it, in fairness.

We've got nothing there.

Schneiderlin is a shadow of the player he was when he first came, and Davies/Gana aren't powerful in that sense.

Nzonzi would give us that, and he's also very good on the ball - playing in Spain has really improved him in that aspect.

He ran the show against Atleti the other day and he's hardly played this season really, so he's still got it. Would be a great signing whoever ends up being manager.

Nzonzi is 29.

Loan - fine.

Don't sign him FFS.

oh, ffs

He's a midfielder who doesn't rely on pace.

He's a strong, powerful player who can run a game with his passing and is strong in the tackle.

He's got Premier League experience and has been the key part of a very good Roma side.

Nzonzi is 29.

Loan - fine.

Don't sign him FFS.

If you ship out Morgan, hecks yes you do it. Age be darned.

But yes, ideally we would never buy anyone over 25. However, I've seen our midfield. Even if Sam wised up and played Gana/Davies/Siggy/Walcott/Bolaisse, we'd still be missing that transition type player. Although that combination with a real left back with Klaassen, Lookman, Vlasic on the bench, and Keane/Holgate in the back, would give us enough pace overall so that I wouldn't be holding my breath every counter attack. But you sub out Davies for N'Zonzi with a real left back...I'm not so sure we don't kick on to 7th. I think those two holes are SOOOOO big they are dragging everyone else into them.

I'd still be terrified at Keane/Holgate in terms of mistakes, but at least they both can run. Keane and N'Zonzi might not give me a heart attack every set piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back