Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet there's absolutely no transfers tonight between 8-11pm.. SSN will be horrific to watch. Jim spouting made up crap because there's no genuine news.

Do people still watch that tripe? Much more fun to just read all the blag ITKs on twitter and to get updates through the forum.

Really good to see City turning down two transfers in Sanchez and Mahrez because they were overpriced.

Something needs to put the brakes on ridiculous fees for average players (not saying either of these is average btw) and the richest club in the world refusing to be taken advantage of I think is a great statement from them.

Couldn't agree more! Must be hard for Mahrez, chance to play for possibly the best team in the world at the moment, and now your back fighting for mid table.

5 hours to go!

LOL

Remember yesterday when I said there would be 5 or 6 transfers?

LOL

What a farce.

I predicted 2 in as it takes us 2 weeks per transfer.

we MIGHT get this LOAN done with mangala, but he will wait until 11.30pm incase Juventus turn up for him.

Average squad age is moving in the right direction.
We have more £££ relative to the competition than ever before in the PL era
We look to have finally sussed out a new stadium.
We have one of the most highly rated striking prospects in Europe lined up to join in the Summer.
blah blah

There's plenty more.... you just need to look to find the positives - but if you want, I'm sure it's very easy to turn each of the above into a negative.

Optimism and pessimism are choices, that doesn't mean you stick your fingers in your ears and ignore anything bad... it's just about how you deal with the bad.

I'm not a head-case, I see how bad things are at the minute. Jaysus, it's gotten to the stage where I don't even look forward to Everton games... i try not to think about them until 10 mins before kick-off. I'm not saying that "everything is amazing", I just don't think it's the opposite either... it's somewhere in the middle and fan support and optimism can help us get back to where we should be in my opinion.
But we're awful.
About 4 points from being bang in trouble. Just because when the league table comes on the telly and we're in the top half hides the true position we're in. We get dragged in, we could go down, and this new ground will go before your eyes.
The new ground situation, being the only reason a fair few are renewing their season tickets blindly I might add, and don't the board bloody know it.

I'd take a point tonight, when I know we should be bang up for it and take all 3.
Koff Everton.

But we're awful.
About 4 points from being bang in trouble. Just because when the league table comes on the telly and we're in the top half hides the true position we're in. We get dragged in, we could go down, and this new ground will go before your eyes.
The new ground situation, being the only reason a fair few are renewing their season tickets blindly I might add, and don't the board bloody know it.

I'd take a point tonight, when I know we should be bang up for it and take all 3.
Koff Everton.

Can’t think of one game we’ve been ‘bang up for’ this whole season,

onyekuru presumably? but thought there were still work permit issues outstanding so his being here in august is not a foregone conclusion. Also, he's not exactly lit up the belgian league when he hasn't been injured.

Like Tarashaj, I don’t ever expect to see him start a game in the PL. if he does it’s a bonus.

I expect him to be like, Dier, Mustafi, Helen and never make our first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back