Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

A 31 year old Williams costs 11m , you really think zouma should be 20m?

I think 25 million would be what we would be looking to pay mate.

Williams was Swanseas captain and had just captained a team to the European Championships semi finals. It was a bit of a thoughtless buy looking back.

Zouma is a lad who won't be wanted by Chelsea, and I can't imagine there will be a cue of teams liking up for him that he'd want to leave for over us.

Personally I'd start negotiations around 20 and be willing to go to 30, but sense Brands will be nearer half way between those figures.

What would you suggest as a workable figure?

I think 25 million would be what we would be looking to pay mate.

Williams was Swanseas captain and had just captained a team to the European Championships semi finals. It was a bit of a thoughtless buy looking back.

Zouma is a lad who won't be wanted by Chelsea, and I can't imagine there will be a cue of teams liking up for him that he'd want to leave for over us.

Personally I'd start negotiations around 20 and be willing to go to 30, but sense Brands will be nearer half way between those figures.

What would you suggest as a workable figure?
It's not just a case of whether they see him as a future player. Chelsea will also look at what sort of income they can attract from loaning him out each year. Have you any idea how much loan fee we paid for him, or how much Stoke paid last year? I've not seen any figure mentioned. If it's around £5m, then that figure of £25m shouldn't be far off the mark.

Just seen the figures for the most fouled players in the Champions league this season. Neymar is top, Lozano second and Ndombele third. If we do buy them both we'd be having free kicks galore when you throw Richarlison (himself the most fouled player in the Premier League) into the hat.

On a different note, I watched Henry last night for Galatasaray. He looked dangerous at times, but wasn't in the game much as Galatasaray were very poor and were unable to find him. Two players were booked for cynical fouls on him though. Hopefully we can get a work permit and he can be a bench option for us next season.

You're being disingenuous with that. He's scored 50 goals over a decade of play, not the last 5 like inferred. And he only played about 25 matches in 15/16.

LOL maaate, he played 40 games in 15/16 and the goals and assists I quoted are also bang on. The only thing "disingenuous" is your fact finding!

The curious case of alexis sanchez, if his wages were £150k-£180k I would love us to snap him up, he'd fire us to top 4.
giphy.gif

He has averaged over 35 games a season for the last 5 seasons and with 50 goals and 40 assists.
Average 35 games? yeah if you include a ton of sub appearances and 4 competitions.
League starts from last 5 seasons: 20,23,29,13,21 and has only started half the games this season. If we'd be paying the wage he'll command he'd have to be able to olay a full season, which his body has never shown it can do.

Average 35 games? yeah if you include a ton of sub appearances and 4 competitions.
League starts from last 5 seasons: 20,23,29,13,21 and has only started half the games this season. If we'd be paying the wage he'll command he'd have to be able to olay a full season, which his body has never shown it can do.

OH right, didn't realise games only counted if they were prem!!!!!!!

My points stands, he has played over 35 games a season for the last 5 years with 40 goals and 50 assists or whatever it was.
No biggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back