Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But with Barca supposedly struggling financially they are going to want their money back on him
They basically spunked most of the Neymar money and got it badly wrong

I reckon they'll get a third of the price back on dembele at most. Silly signing. Their only hope is united getting desperate and spending well over the top.

Rumblings that Leeds want Holgate.

Barring in mind he's from Doncaster/Barnsley area, could see it being a move that may happen. Want him to stay though because he's got real potential. He needs games though, so half-a-season there, playing under the lunatic that is Bielsa, could be really good for him.

If he's below jags, that'd be a really good loan for him

I think the indications are that there will be no significant purchases in the next window. We have an adequate squad , in both quality and depth.
Our emphasis now seems to be in continuing to coach and assess the existing squad and to foster team spirit, something that would be ill served by introducing new players at the mid point stage.
Also I doubt Dowell will be loaned out as he is approaching the end of his contract ,it’s now or never for him this season. Of course if he is loaned it would indicate his future lays elsewhere.

I think the indications are that there will be no significant purchases in the next window. We have an adequate squad , in both quality and depth.
Our emphasis now seems to be in continuing to coach and assess the existing squad and to foster team spirit, something that would be ill served by introducing new players at the mid point stage.
Also I doubt Dowell will be loaned out as he is approaching the end of his contract ,it’s now or never for him this season. Of course if he is loaned it would indicate his future lays elsewhere.
I'm pretty sure Dowell signed a new contract in the summer

Yeh, as @onlyme says, Dowell has signed a new deal.

I doubt the board have already decided against signings in January. I think it will be a case of see where we are come January the 1st.

But if we carry on with this form, keep winning at home and get a couple of decent results away from home. And say we are in and around the top 6. And 5/6 points away from the top 4. Maybe Brands & Moshiri will decide it’s a good time to go fir that top quality striker.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think for a second we will get top 4, but I remember a few times under Moyes being close to top 4 come January and never buying that player that could have pushed us on. I know it was a different Everton financially then.

Its also worth remembering that the improvement in the squad isnt concreate, we dont own Gomes or Zouma.

We do however own, Bolaise, Besic, Scheiderlin, Sandro, Maritna, Mirallas etc.

I wouldn't be looking beyond rectifying the above.

Its also worth remembering that the improvement in the squad isnt concreate, we dont own Gomes or Zouma.

We do however own, Bolaise, Besic, Scheiderlin, Sandro, Maritna, Mirallas etc.

I wouldn't be looking beyond rectifying the above.
Quite prudent if not overly exciting. I would like to think that we have identified a few new recruits and if they were available for the right price and weren't expected to disrupt the current team too much, that they might pull the trigger and get them in.

Someone (obviously much wiser than me) before summer said about giving the current set up 4 transfer windows before being able to judge their performance in getting a squad together. I would actually put the 1st team as being ahead of were I could possibly expect it after 2 transfer windows, so a free hit for me for Brands and Silva to steady the ship and jettison the ballast.

Still - get in a superstar striker and I'll be doing a jig of delight!

could possibly expect it after 2 transfer windows,

They have only had one
4 permanent signings
2 loans
1 under 23
A RW and a CF in January and we can push Spurs Arsenal and United for the last top 4 spot
Not saying we will get it or even get 6 th but with those 2 quality additions and a run of luck with injuries we could push for it
If we managed to get actual cash ( or loans with promises of cash ) for Morgan , Besic , Bolassie , McCarthy Martina Etc there may be a few quid to spend

I see on the BBC sport website that Dani Alves wants to play in the Premier League before he retires.
Would you take him with a view to back up / replacing Seamus?
I think short term he would be ok, but it would ruin the loyalty of Coleman if he was replaced by him.

If he's below jags, that'd be a really good loan for him

how?

he could go to most teams near the bottom and be a very good defender for them, he's shown for us in parts he's a good defender, was our best defender at times last season ( doesn't say much of course ) don't see how dropping down a division when hes shown hes good enough for this one benefits him

someone like Southampton would be good for him, decent club who need a good defender

I doubt the board have already decided against signings in January. I think it will be a case of see where we are come January the 1st.

But if we carry on with this form, keep winning at home and get a couple of decent results away from home. And say we are in and around the top 6. And 5/6 points away from the top 4. Maybe Brands & Moshiri will decide it’s a good time to go fir that top quality striker.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think for a second we will get top 4, but I remember a few times under Moyes being close to top 4 come January and never buying that player that could have pushed us on. I know it was a different Everton financially then.
There will be no top quality striker available in the January window ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back