Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
An I missing something with Nigerian Henry? Apparently PSG, Napoli and Bayern are all interested in him. Everything I’ve seen of him hasn’t really impressed me.

Ha.

Like Marcel will entertain that. In fact, I'll be surprised if anyone will because at the end of the day he isn't a player who delivers in the final third, and that's what attracts the big bucks. Think Lyon will need to drop their asking price by E10/15m. I think at around E50m he's good value.

Ha.

Like Marcel will entertain that. In fact, I'll be surprised if anyone will because at the end of the day he isn't a player who delivers in the final third, and that's what attracts the big bucks. Think Lyon will need to drop their asking price by E10/15m. I think at around E50m he's good value.

It’s be interesting to know what brands thoughts are about the likely continued inflation of prices. For example getting the likes of ndombele, Lozano etc in now for big fees and on long term contracts could actually end up being seen as cheap in a couple of years. Alternatively, targeting players coming to the end of the contracts might be the way to go. I wonder what his thinking/plans are.

Well Lyon were interested mate so im not having it.
They were never going anywhere near £30m though mate. It isn't the way they do things.

Buy low sell high is their motto. It's why they'll sell Ndombele to somebody. It's merely a question of how much they'll be asking.

It’s be interesting to know what brands thoughts are about the likely continued inflation of prices. For example getting the likes of ndombele, Lozano etc in now for big fees and on long term contracts could actually end up being seen as cheap in a couple of years. Alternatively, targeting players coming to the end of the contracts might be the way to go. I wonder what his thinking/plans are.

hopefully wrapping up gomes and zouma on perms. dont think we can get a top striker this window but maybe strengthen the first team by going after lozano, ndobele etc then all things dandy adding the striker come summer

There’s a difference between showing ambition and being unrealistic.

Personally, I don’t think we’d have a chance of signing martial or Rashford. That doesn’t mean I want Sam allardyce at the club or that I don’t want us to sign top players, just that I want us to target ones who we have a chance of getting. Both would be great for us but I don’t think it’ll ever happen.

Let’s agree to disagree on this one.
If Martial or Rashford came available though I'd like to think that we were one of the ones in for them. Not saying that they would choose us, but we need to be looking at that level of player if we want to seriously compete with the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back