Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
An I missing something with Nigerian Henry? Apparently PSG, Napoli and Bayern are all interested in him. Everything I’ve seen of him hasn’t really impressed me.
I've watched him a couple of times for Galatasaray and he's looked dangerous whenever he's in possession. Problem is, they aren't good enough to get the ball to him often enough. I think there's a player in there and in the right team and the right style of play he can be very effective. We know from his youtube videos he's a cool and clinical finisher. He's lost a season through injury but looks like he's getting his sharpness back now.

I'm not surprised such high profile clubs appear interested, but it could just as easily be his agent trying to drum up interest.

I hope Brands and Silva take a good look at him in the summer before making a decision, He's only 21 so it's still early days but it's possible we may have a young Theo Walcott but with an end product in our hands.

It’s be interesting to know what brands thoughts are about the likely continued inflation of prices. For example getting the likes of ndombele, Lozano etc in now for big fees and on long term contracts could actually end up being seen as cheap in a couple of years. Alternatively, targeting players coming to the end of the contracts might be the way to go. I wonder what his thinking/plans are.
Who knows. It's mainly TV money that's driving fees. There's more and more competition coming in all the time, and don't be surprised if the likes of Amazon and Netflix and maybe even social media companies start buying games. So can't see the money drying up any time soon.

As regards Brands tactics in the transfer market, I really think he'll keep his options open. I think we'll see a constant in the type of player he wants, but not in where or how he sources them. I think the one controlling factor in that is what financing he is available to him.

If Silva thinks he can get the best out of him - think Doucoure would be a excellent buy

Apart from the need from the need for quality forwards
adding Doucoure to Gomes, Gylfi, Gana and you start to have CL quality with a proper set of options.

Doucoure, Gana, Keane and Mina would be a difficult centre to break down for any team.

Richo_____Lookman_____Lozano
___Sig___Doucoure___Gomes__
And can see a lot of goals out something like this

If they weren't interested then the big tirade their president made about wanting him and getting him seems a tad odd don't you think?

Well they clearly couldn’t afford him then which was the other option I said.

Brands said that Barca were waiting and waiting and waiting for more money than we offered. Which didn’t arrive.

Think in this case it’s more that Martial will have his pick of the litter if/when he does move. Not a team in Europe wouldn’t want him.

Not a team in Europe wouldn't want him?

Where's he playing in the city, rs, juve, psg, Barca, Madrid, athletico, Bayern, Chelsea sides mate? They all have better players in the left side, and he's nowhere near good enough for any of them as a central striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back