January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davy Klassen was very good at football in Holland
Davy Klassen is good at football in Germany
Davy Klassen was very crap at football in England
Suarez, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Ibrahimovic, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Sneijder, Kuyt, Robben, Wijnaldum, Bony, Vermaelen, Mertens, Pienaar developed there and is one of the best footballers I've seen at the club, Heitinga came in and won player of the season for us etc.

I don't really get that argument and it's done to death, no matter what the league you're always going to have some who are hits and some who are misses. Klaassen was a high key failure but just because he came from the Dutch league does that mean you'd turn your nose up at De Jong/De Ligt/Lozano etc. The things Ziyech excels at is generally what Klaassen was decidedly poor at - two completely different players.
Klaassen was captain and the fans favourite so it wasn't just Walsh and koemam.
It's no surprise he was a fans favourite he won stuff there, came through the academy and scored lots of goals but he was quite obviously one paced, not a great dribbler and a little too weak to cover them downfalls in the Prem.

Suarez, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Ibrahimovic, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Sneijder, Kuyt, Robben, Wijnaldum, Bony, Vermaelen, Mertens, Pienaar developed there and is one of the best footballers I've seen at the club, Heitinga came in and won player of the season for us etc.

I don't really get that argument and it's done to death, no matter what the league you're always going to have some who are hits and some who are misses. Klaassen was a high key failure but just because he came from the Dutch league does that mean you'd turn your nose up at De Jong/De Ligt/Lozano etc. The things Ziyech excels at is generally what Klaassen was decidedly poor at - two completely different players.

It's no surprise he was a fans favourite he won stuff there, came through the academy and scored lots of goals but he was quite obviously one paced, not a great dribbler and a little too weak to cover them downfalls in the Prem.

Ive always thought Ziyech looked a bit soft...having a great season in holland though. Wonder why no one else has come in for him

I didnt want klaassen but wanted dolberg, de ligt and sanchez from their recent developments...de jong looks classy

Think in order of priority we need:

1. A goalscorer with Richarlison either moving out to the wing, or signing a right winger and keeping him central.
2. A right back
3. A controlling DM

It'd be handy if we were able to acquire some better quality depth in the squad as well. Outside of the current starters there's not a great deal to call upon bar Lookman and DCL.
The plan should be to sign players to replace those in the first 11 and then those that are in the first 11 presently with drop to the bench or are sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back