Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used stats - and others have too - to prove that he does pass the ball forward. That's not opinion, it's fact.

I agree entirely that if I had to choose one player to unlock a defence, it wouldn't be Gana. But that's not the point.

Point 1 - I agree.
Point 2 - I disagree and it's blatantly obvious whenever he doesn't play. Not saying he has to start every game, but that means we have to change how we play.

His passing success rate is also fact and it’s really high. But apparently I’m nuts.

Honestly, I think at least he’s our most important player. It’s a different side when he’s not in it.

But I’m sure PSG are in for a lot of our players, so what do I know.

His passing success rate is also fact and it’s really high. But apparently I’m nuts.

Honestly, I think at least he’s our most important player. It’s a different side when he’s not in it.

But I’m sure PSG are in for a lot of our players, so what do I know.

For me, if we're sticking with the high-intensity pressing style, then yes he is absolutely a key player, and as long as there's Gomes next to him, it can work.

I don't see anything wrong with saying it'd be nice to go out and get a Doucoure/Ndombele (or that type of powerful, box-to-box player) but it doesn't make Gana a bad player.

Offensively Doucoure, for example, would certainly offer more, and he's defensively good - but not as good as Gana.

Just don't get why Gana gets so much stick. He's good at what he does.

But this is the bloke that found Lozano and got him for cheap in the first place... He's basically saying he'd rather try and do that again rather than overpay. Like what is wrong with that, at all?
Totally agree but to give some balance Walsh was the guy that "found" Kante and Vardy and then spunked ridiculous money on Sandro Ramirez , Bolasie et al

For me, if we're sticking with the high-intensity pressing style, then yes he is absolutely a key player, and as long as there's Gomes next to him, it can work.

I don't see anything wrong with saying it'd be nice to go out and get a Doucoure/Ndombele (or that type of powerful, box-to-box player) but it doesn't make Gana a bad player.

Offensively Doucoure, for example, would certainly offer more, and he's defensively good - but not as good as Gana.

Agreed.

Don't get it myself he is an important player in certain games

said before without the ball he is excellent without it he's average

he is massively needed for the hard games where we don't have much of the ball, but the games against the sides who allow us to have the ball ( ie Newcastle Watford etc ) I don't need think he's needed, would rather someone proactive with the ball in midfield instead

gueye does his job excellent but in games where his job isn't needed as much and hes expected to do more on the ball is when he struggles

Totally agree but to give some balance Walsh was the guy that "found" Kante and Vardy and then spunked ridiculous money on Sandro Ramirez , Bolasie et al

Aye, but Brands has a proven track record of not doing that, which is why I'm inclined to trust him.

Plus, he's a sexy beast.

Hope PSG come in with a bid for Gana in Jan...if anyone would overpay then its them.

You hope that we lose one of our best players and are stuck with having to try and replace him in the middle of the season?

Jesus, Zat.

Let's say it did happen. Who would you go for?

Doucoure? No chance Watford are selling - especially to us, a rival in the hunt for 7th (maybe 6th) in the middle of the season. Also on a five year deal.

Ndombele? Lyon are in the next round of the CL. They know they'll get big money regardless when they sell him next summer.

Obviously, there's others about, but if you sell one of your better players you need quality coming straight in.

Don't get it myself he is an important player in certain games

said before without the ball he is excellent without it he's average

he is massively needed for the hard games where we don't have much of the ball, but the games against the sides who allow us to have the ball ( ie Newcastle Watford etc ) I don't need think he's needed, would rather someone proactive with the ball in midfield instead

gueye does his job excellent but in games where his job isn't needed as much and hes expected to do more on the ball is when he struggles

I agree with the principle mate.

But, I will counter that by saying that Gana's ability to hassle and harry is still key in those games (well, maybe not all, but most). His ability to act as a shield in front of the defence basically allows the rest of our team to push up.

Obviously, if we're overly reckless, we'll still get caught, as he can't cover for everyone, but in the main, he covers most things and that gives the rest the freedom to play.

It doesn't work in every game, obviously, but that's what having a good squad is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back