Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I've even seen Pere Pons play. He averages a lot of tackles, quite a few interceptions, and seems like he's a defensive midfielder. I really think Marco wants two more defensive oriented midfielders in order to cover for his aggressive fullback play. I'm sure this guy wouldn't be expensive and it might allow us to loan out Davies. I'm stretching here.

Ok my 2 cents as I don’t think I have commented since the summer window...I have one major bugbear with our side - possession. Too often we lose the ball within only a few passes. I don’t get it. Why do we look so poor when we have the ball ? For a few games it seemed we were coming right but it’s still not a natural strength. I keep scratching my head where it goes wrong and who is culpable.

My number 1 priority in the summer was a striker to replace Lukaku.. and that still remains. Happy we did the defensive signings we did but it clear we are lacking upfront. I love Rich but he makes Lukaku look like Saha in terms of holding up the ball and keeping it in tight spaces.

We would think between Gilfi, Gomes, Bernard and Walcott they would do better to keep the ball... so I’m not sure I can blame them although Even though so many want to get on Walcotts back he seems to contribute a heck of a lot more than Bernard who does appear to cough up the ball more than the others to me. Yeah Walcott should of better especially considering his pedigree. For me not a major priority till the summer. Need to give them more time and bring Rich back to the wing. Oh and Lookmans close control has been a revelation to me... so no new additions here unless Lozano is on the cheap.

So I’m going to pick on the guy that has had all of us pulling our hair out.. poor Coleman. Through no fault in effort he just can’t get it right. His crossing has always been poor but could be forgiven for his goals and directness. I’m sure we will hear he came back too early or is playing through the pain but really it’s getting embarrassing. I like Kenny and would like to see him given a run again but if we can get a Digne quality player on the right it would make a hell of a difference to the side.

That’s only 2 positions I’m prioritising. It shouldn’t be enough to answer our truly useless ability to keep the ball under and pressure but who knows.

I can't say I've even seen Pere Pons play. He averages a lot of tackles, quite a few interceptions, and seems like he's a defensive midfielder. I really think Marco wants two more defensive oriented midfielders in order to cover for his aggressive fullback play. I'm sure this guy wouldn't be expensive and it might allow us to loan out Davies. I'm stretching here.
Loan out Davies isn't happening. I'd rather it let us sell Schneiderlin.

Ok my 2 cents as I don’t think I have commented since the summer window...I have one major bugbear with our side - possession. Too often we lose the ball within only a few passes. I don’t get it. Why do we look so poor when we have the ball ? For a few games it seemed we were coming right but it’s still not a natural strength. I keep scratching my head where it goes wrong and who is culpable.

My number 1 priority in the summer was a striker to replace Lukaku.. and that still remains. Happy we did the defensive signings we did but it clear we are lacking upfront. I love Rich but he makes Lukaku look like Saha in terms of holding up the ball and keeping it in tight spaces.

We would think between Gilfi, Gomes, Bernard and Walcott they would do better to keep the ball... so I’m not sure I can blame them although Even though so many want to get on Walcotts back he seems to contribute a heck of a lot more than Bernard who does appear to cough up the ball more than the others to me. Yeah Walcott should of better especially considering his pedigree. For me not a major priority till the summer. Need to give them more time and bring Rich back to the wing. Oh and Lookmans close control has been a revelation to me... so no new additions here unless Lozano is on the cheap.

So I’m going to pick on the guy that has had all of us pulling our hair out.. poor Coleman. Through no fault in effort he just can’t get it right. His crossing has always been poor but could be forgiven for his goals and directness. I’m sure we will hear he came back too early or is playing through the pain but really it’s getting embarrassing. I like Kenny and would like to see him given a run again but if we can get a Digne quality player on the right it would make a hell of a difference to the side.

That’s only 2 positions I’m prioritising. It shouldn’t be enough to answer our truly useless ability to keep the ball under and pressure but who knows.
Pickford can be good but gets cocky at times and ends up laughing it back to the other team. Three of our back four are average to poor on the ball, Gana is average on the ball but needs to be in there for his breaking up play and shielding the back for. Gomes is good on the ball, so is Sig but he doesn't get involved enough. Bernard has his moments.Wallcott is a heads down runner most of the time. Richardson is more of a power runner than a passer. DCL is a kid learning his trade. It's no wonder we can't hold possession.

85 was the first time Everton made me cry, watched the game at my Aunties mates, she was a blue, my Auntie is a red, she had Here we go on record, she played it after the game, cried like a baby, Norman bloody Whiteside.

E V E R T O N were Everton and we'll be Everton forever.

Big Nev should have got to it....(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back