Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if we didn’t have enough to moan about, here comes the transfer window...

We need to understand that NOBODY will be signed unless we sell. Given the no-marks we’re trying to flog, that’ll give us probably around £30m tops; assuming we’ll chuck all that at a striker (we probably won’t), there’ll be Tosun levels of guesswork/blind faith in how it will work out.

Personally I’d rather see us plug some gaps in the squad with younger players that can do a job long-term - RB, RW, CM, GK and ST all need varying levels of back-up or first-team signings. Assess what’s available and affordable and plug the gaps you can. Once this write-off of a season is finally over, finish the job and hopefully get sign-off to go after “big” signings then.

Would quite like defo and llorente in this window.
Target man for gylffi, and a finisher,
Gives us options, short term,low cost and shouldn't affect summer plans too much

Say we sold him and brought in two younger similar types to build towards next season. We might actually be better off. It's just finding those players. Over to you Marcel.

That’s the sort of thing we need to be doing , like I said if he was 25 or we were competing for something then it’s different , but as it is, I think it makes sense

Would anyone fancy Danilo from City? Decent player, doesn't get much game time at city. We would however I know need to sell before we can buy....

Would quite like defo and llorente in this window.
Target man for gylffi, and a finisher,
Gives us options, short term,low cost and shouldn't affect summer plans too much

That would be a 36 year old Defoe who can't even get a game for Bournemouth and Llorente who has never been able to force his way into the Spurs team, even when Son was on international duty

Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Niasse, Tosun should be gone asap. Try to negotiate permanent deals for Sandro, Pennington, Bolasie, Mirallas and Besic, but that'll be tough. I fully expect all five to be back with us in the summer.

Sign as good a striker as we can afford.

Would anyone fancy Danilo from City? Decent player, doesn't get much game time at city. We would however I know need to sell before we can buy....

he started ahead of walker last week, they dont have many options at full back...they wont be selling him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back