Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question to those who follow foreign footy more closely than I.

What’s gone wrong for Malcolm at Barca?

Just can’t force his way in/trouble with pressure (like Gomes/Mina/Digne)

Or does he fall into the Sandro catagory of just being gash at footy?
This was discussed on TS earlier. Apparently its him not forcing himself into the team.
Alarm bells ringing then.
If he came here he would be gash.
No idea mate. Never heard of him till today. But some bloke on TS reckoned we were keen last summer, and he has several suitors this Jan as well.

He has Messi, Dembele, Suarez and Coutinho ahead of him...

Also, the rumour has been that he wasnt the managers signing and so is making a point not playing him...

Oh I remember us being in for him allegedly.
All the Malcolm in the middle gags.
Then next min he's holding the Barca shirt.
I'm sure he's very good like.

So he only signed for Barca last summer? I assumed he was there already ffs!!

If so, that feels ominous if they are happy to let him go for not stupid money 6 months later. Played 97 minutes apparently.

Look at every page of this thread aside from the ones talking about American sports.

McCarthy is always injured and the only rumours around him are for loans...hes also been linked to Celtic in the past...Coleman looks finished at this level and perhaps would also fancy a celtic move.

McCarthys contract expires in 1.5 seasons so approx £3.6mil left in wages

Colemans contract expires in 2.5 seasons so perhaps £9mil left in wages.

In theory we could say both players are worth £15mil then add £12.6mil in wages (which we agree to pay until the timeframe they would expire with us) so theres £27.6mil in a pot.

Celtic could afford £20k each salary for the players fhough so remove £40k a week and offer that to Tierney.

Unless someone is going to come in for £15mil and 100% of the wages for McCarthy and Coleman then we are able to move both of them

We also obtain a player worth £25-30mil who can act as a left back / right back and general utility player.

This also saves us signing a right back / left back player for cover...

= McCarthy and Coleman are off the books and weve brought in Tierney for no cost for the first couple of seasons.

Unless of course you all think they are good enough players to keep on decent wages or we could sell them at £15mil and 100% of their salary.

Just an idea.

Jesus Christ Zat What the hell is even this?????????????????

You have basically offered to pay Colemans wages for 3 years while he plays for Celtic, just to play a sub standard player in his position.

As ive said before and I will say again, im so happy you have no input in our transfers, you would honestly bankrupt us within 6months while we get relegated with a team of 16 year olds..

Us & Roma were interested in Malcolm. Rumours about us even said we were in advanced talks - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/18/everton-advanced-talks-bordeaux-sign-30m-malcom/

Roma basically had him waiting for board a plane until Barcelona stepped in at the last second and offered more money.

Obviously the signing was not Valverde's doing and more the Barcelona big men just wanting to get a hot prospect into the club regardless, as they always do.

Monchi explains what happened here - https://www.asroma.com/en/news/2018/7/monchi-explains-how-malcom-saga-unfolded

And more disgruntlement from Roma can be read in these articles.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...dent-james-pallotta-latest-news-a8466016.html

You have basically offered to pay Colemans wages for 3 years while he plays for Celtic, just to play a sub standard player in his position.

As ive said before and I will say again, im so happy you have no input in our transfers, you would honestly bankrupt us within 6months while we get relegated with a team of 16 year olds..

It's nonsense. Utter drivel. Getting rid of the Republic lads to Celtic smacks of some misguided sectarian loyalty for starters, secondly why sell a RB to replace with a LB? Lunacy.

It's nonsense. Utter drivel. Getting rid of the Republic lads to Celtic smacks of some misguided sectarian loyalty for starters, secondly why sell a RB to replace with a LB? Lunacy.

Indeed, I see no reason why we cant sell either of them to clubs who would pay a fee and pay their wages and also replace Coleman with an actual Right Back.

Neither are as bad as I read on here, both would make a good signing for some teams in the league.

How would it bankrupt anyone when the balance would equate to a straight swap?

'Republic lads'
'Sectarian loyalty'

Wtaf

Indeed, I see no reason why we cant sell either of them to clubs who would pay a fee and pay their wages and also replace Coleman with an actual Right Back.

Neither are as bad as I read on here, both would make a good signing for some teams in the league.

So who is paying £15mil for them and perhaps £125k a week in wages?

McCarthy is always injured and coleman has had 1 good game in 20.

I was under the impression tierney had played in several positions for celtic and scotland and so could be our utility player valued at £30mil who we wanted last summer...which suits the squad better than mccarthy and coleman.

Just a question to those who follow foreign footy more closely than I.

What’s gone wrong for Malcolm at Barca?

Just can’t force his way in/trouble with pressure (like Gomes/Mina/Digne)
It's like Lookman with us except it makes sense because Barca have other attackers who are quality
Or does he fall into the Sandro catagory of just being gash at footy?

How would it bankrupt anyone when the balance would equate to a straight swap?

'Republic lads'
'Sectarian loyalty'

Wtaf

So who is paying £15mil for them and perhaps £125k a week in wages?

McCarthy is always injured and coleman has had 1 good game in 20.

I was under the impression tierney had played in several positions for celtic and scotland and so could be our utility player valued at £30mil who we wanted last summer...which suits the squad better than mccarthy and coleman.

Zat, this is an honest question and I would like an honest answer, have you ever watched Tierney play a full game more than once?

I havent, for the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back