Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zat, this is an honest question and I would like an honest answer, have you ever watched Tierney play a full game more than once?

I havent, for the record.

Yeah i have but tbh didnt pay much attention...i mean its Scotland isnt it...and i cant stand celtic.

Like i said, it was just an idea to get 2 players out and someone worth £30mil in...

But you didnt come back to my point...whose signing a perma injured mccarthy and a clearly past it coleman for £15mil combined + covering £125k odd a week in their wages?

I cant see it happening...

Just a question to those who follow foreign footy more closely than I.

What’s gone wrong for Malcolm at Barca?

Just can’t force his way in/trouble with pressure (like Gomes/Mina/Digne)

Or does he fall into the Sandro catagory of just being gash at footy?
bad attitude

Yeah i have but tbh didnt pay much attention...i mean its Scotland isnt it...and i cant stand celtic.

Like i said, it was just an idea to get 2 players out and someone worth £30mil in...

But you didnt come back to my point...whose signing a perma injured mccarthy and a clearly past it coleman for £15mil combined + covering £125k odd a week in their wages?

I cant see it happening...

McCarthy will be loaned out, in this window possibly or we could probably get the 12m we paid for him back in the Summer, hes on biggish wags, but not too big for any team in the league, but of course he kinda needs to stay fit.

Im not convinced Coleman is clearly past it, hes a shadow of the player he was, but hes not as bad as the majority of the forum claims, IMHO, if we replace him im almost certain a few teams in the league would want to pick him up, we would sell him cheap and again, hes not on massive wages, every team in the league could easily afford him.

Which brings me back to Tierney, ive never watched the lad more than watching a gif of him scoring a 50 yarder versus some farmers, but hes not a utility player anymore than Jagielka is, hes a Left back that can play in other roles, due to the SPL being a lower standard than The Soccerdome Sunday Select 11 league.

So whilst I dont consider Coleman on the scrap heap, he needs replacing in the Summer and he needs replacing with a Right Back, not a makeshift Left Back.

How would it bankrupt anyone when the balance would equate to a straight swap?

'Republic lads'
'Sectarian loyalty'

Wtaf

So who is paying £15mil for them and perhaps £125k a week in wages?

McCarthy is always injured and coleman has had 1 good game in 20.

I was under the impression tierney had played in several positions for celtic and scotland and so could be our utility player valued at £30mil who we wanted last summer...which suits the squad better than mccarthy and coleman.

Republic of Ireland = Coleman and McCarthy.

Stereotypical sectarian loyalty Maybe? Not on your part like. Not insinuating that. Without teaching Granny to suck eggs (Not Eggs) certain teams attract certain players from certain backgrounds. Leave it there eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back