Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Ham apparently is after Gabigol, but might run into work permit issues. That's just crazy to me, but if the fee isn't that high, he's probably not getting one.

Is it indeed. The numbers I've seen for Odoi are crazy, by the way.

The more I think about it, I like the idea of keeping Richarlison at CF and getting a RW to replace Walcott. Lozano is very good, but Malcom might actually be better. Would be nice to have a bit more size, though. Moving Richy to CF leaves Bernard / Lookman to the left, both complete midgets.

Im not too fussed about size in the wider forward roles...only about skill, assists and goals.

Lots of different gossip and transfer outlets,by the way what do you know of the Villarreal player chukwueze
I dont recall seeing him play, but he keeps playing in front of Onyenkuru for Nigeria I thought.

Never heard of him, hit and miss on the video but a lot to work with for a 19 year old.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ma...ball/2019/01/03/5c2df841ca4741d2148b4595.html

Value has increased this season..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pu...e-linked-with-premier-league-move/3qetl38.amp

Interest from one club in the prem

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/363665/Show/Samuel-Chukwueze

His whoscored stats look good when hes on the right...

Are we linked?

.......for some reason, things seem a bit brighter this morning. Here’s what the Friday morning rumours are saying on day 4 of the January transfer window;

- Senegalese website WiW Sport report Crystal Palace have submitted a bid ‘not inferior to €7m’ for Everton striker, Oumar Niasse. The 28 year old has played just 57mins for the Toffees in the Premiership this season. It is understood a loan deal to take Liverpool Forward Dominic Solanke to Palace has fallen through.

- The Express pick up on reports from Marca in Spain linking Everton with yet another deal with Barcelona, this time for Brazilian winger, Malcolm. The 21 year old joined from Bordeaux in the summer but has played just 5 games. Mundo Deportivo, however, say Malcolm isn’t interested in leaving and would prefer to fight for his place.

- Everton, Crystal Palace and West Ham have been touted as wanting Inter Milan Forward Gabriel Barbosa (Gabigol), but According to Read Everton, Fulham are the latest club to register an interest. The 22 year old Brazilian has failed to make an impact in Italy and has been on loan at Santos.

- The Mail continue to suggest West Brom and West Ham want a loan deal for Everton’s 28 year old midfielder, James McCarthy.

.......for some reason, things seem a bit brighter this morning. Here’s what the Friday morning rumours are saying on day 4 of the January transfer window;

- Senegalese website WiW Sport report Crystal Palace have submitted a bid ‘not inferior to €7m’ for Everton striker, Oumar Niasse. The 28 year old has played just 57mins for the Toffees in the Premiership this season. It is understood a loan deal to take Liverpool Forward Dominic Solanke to Palace has fallen through.

- The Express pick up on reports from Marca in Spain linking Everton with yet another deal with Barcelona, this time for Brazilian winger, Malcolm. The 21 year old joined from Bordeaux in the summer but has played just 5 games. Mundo Deportivo, however, say Malcolm isn’t interested in leaving and would prefer to fight for his place.

- Everton, Crystal Palace and West Ham have been touted as wanting Inter Milan Forward Gabriel Barbosa (Gabigol), but According to Read Everton, Fulham are the latest club to register an interest. The 22 year old Brazilian has failed to make an impact in Italy and has been on loan at Santos.

- The Mail continue to suggest West Brom and West Ham want a loan deal for Everton’s 28 year old midfielder, James McCarthy.
I have to say if we are going to sign anybody it would be Barbosa given the longevity of the links.
I can’t see Malcom leaving Barca so soon after jibbing Roma to go there.
But if we did sign both players we would be able to field a side containing 4 young Brazilian forwards , and probably still be rubbish. That would be truly Everton.
I still think we aren’t signing anyone however..

I have to say if we are going to sign anybody it would be Barbosa given the longevity of the links.
I can’t see Malcom leaving Barca so soon after jibbing Roma to go there.
But if we did sign both players we would be able to field a side containing 4 young Brazilian forwards , and probably still be rubbish. That would be truly Everton.
I still think we aren’t signing anyone however..

....Malcolm appears to be a right sided attacker and Silva has got very few options outside of Walcott for that position, so I can see us making a serious enquiry about his availability.

Steklenberg
Coleman
Jagielka
Baines
Davies
Bolasie
Walcott
Besic
Schneiderlin
DCL
Niassé
Tosun

All of the above should be moved on in time for the 2019/20 season. There is probably more dross that I’ve forgotten to name.

....Malcolm appears to be a right sided attacker and Silva has got very few options outside of Walcott for that position, so I can see us making a serious enquiry about his availability.
He certainly fits the profile of a Brands / Silva signing, young forward able to play across the frontline (as does Barbosa for that matter). His primary position would also provide us an option for the right, where Walcott has been disappointingly lacklustre so far this season.
So who knows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back