Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let me say that I really liked Malcom when we were linked to him before. Beyond that, Willian Jose looked interesting today against Real. Missed a chippy in the 93rd, but the assist he had in the 82nd was sublime. Got size and skill. Good with his head and feet. Maybe not as clinical as one would like, but not too many with his size and skillset out there.

As to Gylfi not being a runner

Well yeh, there's exceptions.

But it's not like Gomes, who can run past four or five players. Gyfli is fine running into space off the ball or, as that proves, when he's got nobody in front of him.

But d'you back him to pick the ball up in our half, skin three players and drive to the edge of the oppositions' box? No.

Well yeh, there's exceptions.

But it's not like Gomes, who can run past four or five players. Gyfli is fine running into space off the ball or, as that proves, when he's got nobody in front of him.

But d'you back him to pick the ball up in our half, skin three players and drive to the edge of the oppositions' box? No.

And that's fine. He, Gomes, Gana make an okay central midfield, although I would think Silva might want a bit more athleticism. Gomes is just a step slow, although his size is nice to have. It would just be nice to have another CM/DM that could do some of what Gomes could do, but was more athletic and could even sub in for Gana against teams that pack it in against us, or play as another DM if we want to counter more.

Gomes would need to be signed on a permanent before we can take Malcom on loan so unless we announce the Gomes deal, its a non starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back