Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of those players on loan must be sold or released this summer. No need for the likes of Vlasic to even bother checking when our preseason starts.

If Silva and / or Brands are still here in the summer I am expecting that we will rid ourselves of another 11 players minimum
One can but hope
I looked st the first team SQUAD (yes it’s a squad not a roster ) posted earlier and my heart sank
I’d honestly have no problem letting 15/20 go
I’d keep all Brands purchases so far , Siggy , Coleman ( yes @Zatara both of them ) Keane , Pickford and maybe just maybe Bambi but I’d have no problem selling the rest of them
As a caveat if Brands thinks Henry and Vlasic are worth looking at in preseason I’d let them use a locker for a few weeks

They don't have to be sold. Both are currently 2 of our best 3 outfield players, easily.

We'd make money on Gana but what he's good at isn't common. You need a player like that in the squad imo. Gyfli we'd lose money on anyway so keep him around. No need to sell. He's a quality footballer and he's shown that this season.

I get where you're coming from Zat, but Gylfi has 8 goals for us this year, and 4 assist (it should easily be more with the sitters he's created). You can't just keep selling our top scorers and chance creators.
But he’s OLD

Probably Gana...

The issue we have at the moment is that Gylfi isn't a runner. He's not someone who drives forward from deep with the ball. He's someone who likes to have it in five yard pockets and then either release a pass or a shot. He isn't Gomes, who gets on the ball and has the power to drive forward.

So teams can now counter us, to an extent, by simply pressurising Gomes so that he can't get the ball into Gylfi. He can then try and get forward with his physicality, but we've seen in recent games if he is slightly off it/fatigued, that will ultimately lead to errors. So then it just goes back to Gana, who isn't a danger.

Gylfi could drop deep, but it's the same issue, because then there's nobody in the pocket to pass to. And with our movement usually crap up front (unless Richarlison is played there, in which case his movement is excellent, but we lose his 'direct running' from the wing), it limits the options further.

Playing devil's advocate, cause we probably aren't in for B.Fernandes, but a player like him could give us another dimension because, unlike Gylfi, he can run with the ball. So he can drop deep and get on it and drive us forward. It basically opens up the pitch more, and means that a team doesn't just have to close down Gomes to limit us.
As to Gylfi not being a runner

If City take Digne from us ( as the growing rumours suggest), we can replace him with Bainesy.
Not many fullback pairings in the league better than the Seamus and Bainesy combination!

Any substance to the Rico to PSG rumours. I think he’s a bit soft for this league but he’s a decent player and contributes a few goals. I wouldn’t want to play much longer boasting a forward line of Eton Dom, Hank and Prince...that’s a poor trio

Any substance to the Rico to PSG rumours. I think he’s a bit soft for this league but he’s a decent player and contributes a few goals. I wouldn’t want to play much longer boasting a forward line of Eton Dom, Hank and Prince...that’s a poor trio
I don’t think PSG can afford to spend 120m pounds sterling in this transfer window due to FFP
As much as they would like to sign the current Brazil No 9 I doubt it’s happening this window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back