Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems if you go on Twitter, set your profile pic to an Everton badge and call yourself something like ‘Toffee Newsdesk’, gullible people will believe any old ITK nonsense you post.
There’s bloody loads of them lol

The weasling hour is well and truly upon us.

The unseasonably warm weather has the little rascals spawning all over social media. The Aussies once took to spreading a virus through the rabbit population but i fear even that won’t be enough....

Stand fast lids.

As much as I love a random signing from South America, surely we shouldn't be dropping 20 bags on a holding midfielder who can't pass while we're still strikerless?

Has to be a smokescreen while be complete a deal for ‘The New Adriano’.

God knows what’s going on. I was convinced we wouldn’t be signing anyone a few weeks ago - 25 more days of lies and Jim White to go.

Reactions: FTY
Barrios is an upgrade for me. However if we’re dropping £20m on a defensive mid I want Ascacibar from Stuttgart.
Upgrade over who exactly? Schneiderlin?

I don't think Barrios is terrible, he can pass, tackle a bit, definitely a bit of snide in him, good ball control - heavens know we could use more of that - but that's a really high price for him IMO. I think there have only been 2 or 3 transfers in the history of Boca that high. My concern is his athleticism. Is he quick? Eh, I don't think so. Strong? Eh, maybe. But I don't think he's much of an upgrade over Schneiderlin. He's also a red card waiting to happen. He can't be tackling in the PL like he does in Argentina.

If it allows them to sell Scheniderlin, McCarthy, Besic, and Barrios probably isn't going to be making close to what they were making salay-wise, maybe it makes sense. Maybe 10-15M.

Upgrade over who exactly? Schneiderlin?

I don't think Barrios is terrible, he can pass, tackle a bit, definitely a bit of snide in him, good ball control - heavens know we could use more of that - but that's a really high price for him IMO. I think there have only been 2 or 3 transfers in the history of Boca that high. My concern is his athleticism. Is he quick? Eh, I don't think so. Strong? Eh, maybe. But I don't think he's much of an upgrade over Schneiderlin. He's also a red card waiting to happen. He can't be tackling in the PL like he does in Argentina.

If it allows them to sell Scheniderlin, McCarthy, Besic, and Barrios probably isn't going to be making close to what they were making salay-wise, maybe it makes sense. Maybe 10-15M.
High price for a well respected and much coveted Colombian international ?
Yet Liverpool can sell Solanke (3 games in 2 yrs) for about the same....very strange.

Tim Vickery the South American expert for talksport chatted about him a while back. Thought he was nailed on to move to Europe at some point but wasn’t exactly purring about him as I recall. He mentioned how he said similar about Mori when he signed for us and he turned out not to be as bad as he had predicted.

Let’s all stop pretending we watch Boca Juniors play and admit we’ve only seen Barrios at the World Cup. Correction, I saw him against basically a US under 23 side and he was the definition of average.
That was a pathetic match all around for sure. Barrios looked bored.

You definitely watched the Copa Liberadores final though, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back