Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on...?

With the exception of one dodgy story from the worst newspaper in existence before he signed claiming a "rumoured £145k p/w salary", pretty much everything else says Tosun is on £67k p/w. Considering his contract at Besiktas was £500k per YEAR, that makes a lot more sense.

Then Niasse is on somewhere between £50k and £60k p/w, depending on where you read it.

Pretty sure that I read niasse was 80k the other day? And Tuson on 120k ? You feel that’s unrealistic seeing as he was on whatever in turkey ? How much you think sandro was on in Spain ? Now 120k pw also Henry is on 40k that’s the reason he chose us over psg.

Pretty sure that I read niasse was 80k the other day? And Tuson on 120k ? You feel that’s unrealistic seeing as he was on whatever in turkey ? How much you think sandro was on in Spain ? Now 120k pw also Henry is on 40k that’s the reason he chose us over psg.

I think the reason we paid the wages we did to Sandro was because his transfer fee was buttons, and there were a few more teams sniffing round him.

But when I say he’s gash and we should sell , the whole argument for not selling is that shearer and Kane etc developer late ( apparently ) and so we should keep Lewin . Bare in mind shearer went for a brutish record at 22.

Great, that is not a comparison though.

Like I said It is pointing out that players develop at different ages, it is not comparing the actual abilities of the players.

Feel free to cite sources for those wages, but neither figure seems to be backed up by anything I can find online, apart from that one S*n article.

No idea what Sandro was on in Spain, but 1) he will have been on more than £10k p/w and 2) as @LouReedwalkonthewildside said, he commanded a higher wage because he had a very low release clause and Atletico Madrid wanted him at the same time (!).

Never seen anything to imply Niasse was on as much as £80k

Spot on mate, some of our fans need to realise that we’re not a top/big club.
giphy.gif

Whatever happened to Inaki Williams. He’d suit this Everton.
I haven’t really checked him out for a year, but I remember thinking that he didn’t really score goals, for a wide forward and he seemed to have a very high price tag. Does he even get in the Spain squad? As they seem to be going through a bit of transition.

People saying don't buy a striker this window. We need two good strikers, Richarlison is a wide forward who can play up front but it isn't natural. Currently we have nobody of the required level, so we need one this January then another in the summer otherwise we will end up where we are.

I haven’t really checked him out for a year, but I remember thinking that he didn’t really score goals, for a wide forward and he seemed to have a very high price tag. Does he even get in the Spain squad? As they seem to be going through a bit of transition.

@Nymzee

He signed a big seven-year deal last summer, IIRC.

Bilbao have been awful this season, but he has seven goals. Think he got 10 last year. But I've never really seen him as a natural finisher.

Is that well known? If the evidence backs the claim up, then fair enough, but Im not sure it does? I don't see massive discounts taking place during the Summer transfer windows.
I dunno mate its what everyone says. Make sense of you're taking people's players during the season. I've never worked it out

If Bathsuayi had been available in the January 2017 window I think we might have gone for him instead of Tosun.

Listening to what has been said recently by Moshiri/Brands and Silva I doubt he is the kind of player we are currently looking for.
We are looking for young players who are not on huge wages and I would expect that he is on a high salary as it is.

I think Niasse will probably be sold in this window and possibly Tosun as well if the price is right and we will continue to the end of the season with Richarlison and DCL as strikers, I think Walcott has played in the middle as well and I would like to see him get a chance to use his pace in that position.
Tosun and Niasse have barely featured anyway. and I think the days of Everton spending a lot of money just to take a punt on a player is gone for the immrdiate future at least.

I think Bathsuayi would be an interesting signing but can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back