Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bathsuayi had been available in the January 2017 window I think we might have gone for him instead of Tosun.

Listening to what has been said recently by Moshiri/Brands and Silva I doubt he is the kind of player we are currently looking for.
We are looking for young players who are not on huge wages and I would expect that he is on a high salary as it is.

I think Niasse will probably be sold in this window and possibly Tosun as well if the price is right and we will continue to the end of the season with Richarlison and DCL as strikers, I think Walcott has played in the middle as well and I would like to see him get a chance to use his pace in that position.
Tosun and Niasse have barely featured anyway. and I think the days of Everton spending a lot of money just to take a punt on a player is gone for the immrdiate future at least.

I think Bathsuayi would be an interesting signing but can't see it happening.
Tosun has featured in 18 of our 24 games so far, and has been on the bench for 4 of the other 6. Niasse has featured less, but when Tosun wasn't in the squad he was. I would be very surprised and extremely disappointed if we let both of them go without bringing anyone in, it would leave us incredibly light up top.

Yeh but they still don't want him back, they have problems up front but won't go near him.Chucking more money at it in the short term is not the answer, IF he improves us at all. A loan would have been better, signing another striker who is not the answer on a contract is madness.

I don't think we can loan him right now though.

If Bathsuayi had been available in the January 2017 window I think we might have gone for him instead of Tosun.

Listening to what has been said recently by Moshiri/Brands and Silva I doubt he is the kind of player we are currently looking for.
We are looking for young players who are not on huge wages and I would expect that he is on a high salary as it is.

I think Niasse will probably be sold in this window and possibly Tosun as well if the price is right and we will continue to the end of the season with Richarlison and DCL as strikers, I think Walcott has played in the middle as well and I would like to see him get a chance to use his pace in that position.
Tosun and Niasse have barely featured anyway. and I think the days of Everton spending a lot of money just to take a punt on a player is gone for the immrdiate future at least.

I think Bathsuayi would be an interesting signing but can't see it happening.
Who would you go for in the summer? Accept a lower mid table finish then if we have those forward options until then.

Great, that is not a comparison though.

Like I said It is pointing out that players develop at different ages, it is not comparing the actual abilities of the players.

When someone says that “he reminds me of royle” or “ he could be our very own drogba” that’s conparing

Feel free to cite sources for those wages, but neither figure seems to be backed up by anything I can find online, apart from that one S*n article.

No idea what Sandro was on in Spain, but 1) he will have been on more than £10k p/w and 2) as @LouReedwalkonthewildside said, he commanded a higher wage because he had a very low release clause and Atletico Madrid wanted him at the same time (!).

Never seen anything to imply Niasse was on as much as £80k

Right let’s say Tuson 80 and niasse 60k so it’s over 30m and 140k a week we spend on strikers that don’t play. So 18m and a 90k salary for Michy is still good value which ever way you look at it

Right let’s say Tuson 80 and niasse 60k so it’s over 30m and 140k a week we spend on strikers that don’t play. So 18m and a 90k salary for Michy is still good value which ever way you look at it
Not disputing that (though I think you might be able to do better for the money), just saying no need to inflate the figures to make the point

When someone says that “he reminds me of royle” or “ he could be our very own drogba” that’s conparing

Royle fair enough as I don't see any other real links between the two as Royle burst onto the scene early.

Drogba is just saying that he could bloom later on like Drogba did. Its not like they are saying he is like Drogba, just that he could follow a similar trajectory.

I don't think its unfair to say that DCL is not the finished article.

Royle fair enough as I don't see any other real links between the two as Royle burst onto the scene early.

Drogba is just saying that he could bloom later on like Drogba did. Its not like they are saying he is like Drogba, just that he could follow a similar trajectory.

I don't think its unfair to say that DCL is not the finished article.
More like Jim Royle.

I haven’t really checked him out for a year, but I remember thinking that he didn’t really score goals, for a wide forward and he seemed to have a very high price tag. Does he even get in the Spain squad? As they seem to be going through a bit of transition.
Please no,his first touch makes Lukaku look like Messi. And runs with the ball like a certain player we have only just managed to loan to Villa.

20 million is 5 million in the Moyes days. Batsy is a no-brainer. If someone better comes up.. get him too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back