Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need outs seriously, we need to spend 150 mill in the summer at a minimal for two Central midfielders and a striker to begin to try and progress and unless we have a few outs we are likely not to meet that minimum.

Why can’t those outs happen in the summer?

They can, but would also be advantageous financially for wages and transfer fees for the summer to happen now - if the right fee came along that is critically important dependent on contracts we cant afford to crystallize many losses. Without outs we are looking at about 40 mill loss in this financial year IMO.

I would like to have a clear budget going into the summer market rather then to hear the one in one out thing in July.

There’s no way the Espanyol striker would say no to joining us. Who’d turn down millions in a signing on fee and a guaranteed treble salary?

Sounds jarg.

All the hype around Inaki Williams.. good player but is he really better than Richarlison?

I doubt he could play up top in the PL on his own and then would he be preferable to Bernard, Lookman and Richarlison on the left? Not so sure myself.

That money is much better spent elsewhere on the pitch in my eyes unless it was reasonable (not the £60-80m they’d probably want).

They can, but would also be advantageous financially for wages and transfer fees for the summer to happen now - if the right fee came along that is critically important dependent on contracts we cant afford to crystallize many losses. Without outs we are looking at about 40 mill loss in this financial year IMO.

I would like to have a clear budget going into the summer market rather then to hear the one in one out thing in July.

Eww you’re getting all financial and boring on me.

I agree on two conditions.

We replace immediately

The younger player is of high quality and will fit better into Silva's preferred 433. The chances are the purchase will cost us more than the sale.

I think theres a few players we could get for the same money. Also, selling other players will add to the pot. I'd be fine offloading Schneiderlin, Niasse and Gana and just bringing 1 player in.

Need outs seriously, we need to spend 150 mill in the summer at a minimal for two Central midfielders and a striker to begin to try and progress and unless we have a few outs we are likely not to meet that minimum.

Where does the £150mil come from?

Are you able to explain how you worked out a £40m loss? Not disagreeing with you, but I would love to see your reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back