Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Gana replacement will be like for like and I don't think I want it to be. Gana is very good at what he does which is harrying the opposition and winning tackles but this leads to him being out of position a lot of the time.

I think I'd prefer a proper screen for the defence, like a Matic or Fernandinho (obviously we won't get anyone of their standard) who intercept rather than tackle based on reading the game and being in the right position at the right time while also being able to play.

In other words, that mystical "8" that Silva wants.

I don't think the Gana replacement will be like for like and I don't think I want it to be. Gana is very good at what he does which is harrying the opposition and winning tackles but this leads to him being out of position a lot of the time.

I think I'd prefer a proper screen for the defence, like a Matic or Fernandinho (obviously we won't get anyone of their standard) who intercept rather than tackle based on reading the game and being in the right position at the right time while also being able to play.

In other words, that mystical "8" that Silva wants.

I want a big bar steward in there, every time i watch watford, i am always impressed with how strong and athletic there midfield is, with Capoe & Dacoure in there, they are both neat and tidy footballers too which im guessing helps, dont just want a big guy who cant play

because whenever ive watched him he hasn't stood out, which you think he would if he was good given how terrible huddersifeld are

he has only this season become a regular ( only played in half the games last season )

his name is Shiite and got a massive bomb head

swerve
Don't think his name and head size matter really though..
Haven't watched Huddersfield much but looks their best player by far.

I want a big bar steward in there, every time i watch watford, i am always impressed with how strong and athletic there midfield is, with Capoe & Dacoure in there, they are both neat and tidy footballers too which im guessing helps, dont just want a big guy who cant play
A major thing with pretty much every signing we make now is that they have to be athletic and relatively quick. If you look at the top 6, apart from maybe Spurs, there whole teams are quick. This is something we need to follow.

Some jarg outlets rehashing the Ndombele story now that Gueye's being strongly linked away. While I highly doubt we have a hope in hell of getting him I hope Brands would try and find someone similar to him, somebody as comfortable on the ball carrying it forwards as he is in the tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back