Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this (https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...Tanguy-Ndombele-transfer-news-Man-City-gossip), shipping out Gueye (40m?) and Schneiderlin (20m?) and bringing in this seemingly very, very talented top player for £75 (?!) would make some headlines.

Not going to get my hopes up though.
Except one thing.

We lose two midfielders, three if gomes isn't here next season and replace with one.

So if gomes gets injured we have McCarthy and Davies as our only back up.

Would be incredibly.bad business by the club

Except one thing.

We lose two midfielders, three if gomes isn't here next season and replace with one.

Getting £20m for a 29 year old who can't even get on our bench and is draining us of £100k a week would absolutely not be bad business on any level whatsoever. It won't happen like, but it would be some of the best business we've ever done if it did.

Getting £20m for a 29 year old who can't even get on our bench and is draining us of £100k a week would absolutely not be bad business on any level whatsoever. It won't happen like, but it would be some of the best business we've ever done if it did.
It would be if we sold gueye as well at the same time.

The likes of Morgan and oumar could leave and noone will notice. But sell two of our CMS and we would notice before long. Even if Morgan isn't getting a game now

It would be if we sold gueye as well at the same time.

The likes of Morgan and oumar could leave and noone will notice. But sell two of our CMS and we would notice before long. Even if Morgan isn't getting a game now
But he was saying that one would be coming in too. So if nobody would notice if Schneiderlin went now, why would they then? It would leave us with Gomes and Ndombele as first choice, Davies on the bench and McCarthy, Baningime and potentially Williams as back up if necessary. I can't see how anybody could ever see that as bad business.

But he was saying that one would be coming in too. So if nobody would notice if Schneiderlin went now, why would they then? It would leave us with Gomes and Ndombele as first choice, Davies on the bench and McCarthy, Baningime and potentially Williams as back up if necessary. I can't see how anybody could ever see that as bad business.
If you had told me last January that in a season's time we'd have the chance of a midfield of Gomes and Ndombele running midfield with a front three comprising 2 of Brazil's squad and the weak link would be Theo and he'd probably have to be upgraded in Summer, I'd have been cock-a-hoop. We can moan all we like, but we have progressed in terms of personnel and style. Once this team beds in and gets some time under its belt, we could really fly.

(Someone must have put booze in my morning coffee as I feel quite optimistic about things)

Because if gomes goes we then need to sign 2 in the summer which is a bigger ask when other positions need filling.

The problem with the back ups as well is that they aren't as good, weakening our paper strong midfield as it is....

Except one thing.

But morgs isnt getting a game anyway, so it is only really losing one active player. Morgs is probably 4th in line at the moment behind Davies and even Jimmy Mac

Because if gomes goes we then need to sign 2 in the summer which is a bigger ask when other positions need filling.

The problem with the back ups as well is that they aren't as good, weakening our paper strong midfield as it is....
But the Gomes situation will be the same either way. We'll need to either sign him or replace him in the summer whether we sell 1,2 or no other midfielders, because he's a shoe in to play every game at the moment. So unless you're advocating Schneiderlin becoming a key player again for us next season - in which case you are in a minority of one - it literally makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to the strength of the squad, other than us having Ndombele instead of Gana, which most people see as a good thing.

No chance we’ll get £20m for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back