Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can foresee some utter blert posts off the back of those Silva comments

"Carpetbagger", "chancer", "charlatan" - anyone else care to play blert bingo?

(It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that we can't/won't sanction new arrivals without getting some of our dross off the wage bill first)

I`ll invite the first participant to the game for you mate.

@BigBlueNose

He`ll be along once the happy hour is finished at the boozer near to where he`s working

I said when first linked that Batshuayi would be a great signing. Whilst I do still think he is a decent striker, I have thought about it a bit more and realise now that with wages being such an issue for us, Batshuayi will most likely not be an efficient option, even at a decent price.

Makes you think, Richarlison cost a big initial outlay, but what wages is he on? Probably cost us similar to Walcott by the end of the season.

I can foresee some utter blert posts off the back of those Silva comments

"Carpetbagger", "chancer", "charlatan" - anyone else care to play blert bingo?

(It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that we can't/won't sanction new arrivals without getting some of our dross off the wage bill first)

Totally agree, it has started already with the "sell to buy" comments despite the massive spends the last 3 windows.

Marco Silva: "We don't have the financial conditions to go in the market, is the feedback I have at the moment."

Rich though aren’t we? Aren’t we lads?
So we can’t buy any players, our squad is awful as it is and we can’t sell any players, because no one wants them.

What a great situation we find ourselves in.

We need big money spending, that is if Moshiri trusts Brands.

Pointless bringing Brands in and then not giving him a budget to work with.

So we can’t buy any players, our squad is awful as it is and we can’t sell any players, because no one wants them.

What a great situation we find ourselves in.

We need big money spending, that is if Moshiri trusts Brands.

Pointless bringing Brands in and then not giving him a budget to work with.
He clearly had a budget this summer. It’s not unlimited and it shouldn’t be. Clear the deadwood and I’m sure there’s more to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back