Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if it's already been discussed but for those that don't want Bats' (I'm not buying into the Batman stuff, I just can't spell his name), would you not agree he's better than DCL and Tosun?

So by buying better than what we have, we'd improve? Isn't that how all teams improve?

Or do you wait and use that money in the next window when better options may be available. It's not just the fee but the contractual commitment that needs to be considered. Otherwise it's potentially clogging the squad and wage bill up with not quite good enough players that are a huge drain on resources just because they're slightly better than what you currently have.

As much as it pains me to give the RS credit look at what they did with Van Dijk and their keeper whose name I've forgot. Everyone knew they needed a centrehalf and a new keeper but they didn't rush it even with the wailing of supporters asking why those in charge couldn't see the obvious. They waited for what they felt was the correct solution to become available instead of wasting resources getting in a substandard option.

He absolutely did that is why we'll be lucky to do it again. One or two older players won't hurt the squad its just if we end up with too many like under Martinez.

Well, that's where we are at the moment, right?

Niasse (28)
Tosun (27)
Sandro (23)
Calvert-Lewin (21)

plus all the others who play across the front: Richarlison, Walcott, Tarashaj, Henry, Mirallas?

Life experience in my mid30s till now while I have the money and a bit of wisdom to enjoy it
Youth is wasted on the young

Ah you see now I have kids and a proper job I can’t think of anything worse.

Not judging by the way. My last email was more tongue in cheek. It’s just interesting to see how different people approach these things.

Well, that's where we are at the moment, right?

Niasse (28)
Tosun (27)
Sandro (23)
Calvert-Lewin (21)

plus all the others who play across the front: Richarlison, Walcott, Tarashaj, Henry

Part of me hopes Onyekyru is the player but we need a work permit first and he appears to be another one more comfortable on the left. I would rather us not be in another Sigurdsson type position with a massive transfer fee and wages and very little return likely but its the one position where we might need to take that hit. For that reason I would tolerate it.

....in his press conference, Silva saying ‘strong interest’ from Cardiff for Niasse but refuses to provide more detail. Also refused to comment about Batshuayi.

The fact that Batshuayi to Monaco was all but done a few days ago and there's been f all recently tells me that there's an Everton shaped spanner in the works

The fact that Batshuayi to Monaco was all but done a few days ago and there's been f all recently tells me that there's an Everton shaped spanner in the works

....the Monaco vice-President has said Chelsea are holding out for a permanent deal. Apparently the player prefers Monaco. I wouldn’t be surprised if Batshuayi to Everton is dependent on the price being right and on Niasse leaving.

....the Monaco vice-President has said Chelsea are holding out for a permanent deal. Apparently the player prefers Monaco. I wouldn’t be surprised if Batshuayi to Everton is dependent on the price being right and on Niasse leaving.
The kid has the ability and flashes of promise. I would love to bring him in and see how he works but like you said, at the right price, not 40 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back