Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem to worry City too much.
Think City is a bad example mate. Despite they're obvious greatness, they do have a smaller first team squad than us. Even the players they have on loan I've never heard of apart from Patrick Roberts, and he's only played once for their first team. Of the 14 we have on loan (not including young players like Robinson, Williams and Connolly) 13 have played multiple times for our first team, and the 14th, Henry Onyekuru, will hopefully become part of the first team squad next season.

I would therefore say our "potential" first team squad is possibly 50% larger than Cities. We really are in a mess from that perspective. Bringing new players in, regardless of our perceived wealth, is both impractical and irresponsible until we can lessen our wage bill.

Think City is a bad example mate. Despite they're obvious greatness, they do have a smaller first team squad than us. Even the players they have on loan I've never heard of apart from Patrick Roberts, and he's only played once for their first team. Of the 14 we have on loan (not including young players like Robinson, Williams and Connolly) 13 have played multiple times for our first team, and the 14th, Henry Onyekuru, will hopefully become part of the first team squad next season.

I would therefore say our "potential" first team squad is possibly 50% larger than Cities. We really are in a mess from that perspective. Bringing new players in, regardless of our perceived wealth, is both impractical and irresponsible until we can lessen our wage bill.
I want the world and I want it now... I'm a modern supporter. Being serious maybe we should start paying off some contracts?

To be fair it’s not the absolute worst idea.

I mean thinking of the players coming back from loans none of them have a future, but it’s hard to see anyone paying for them.

I am no accountant, but crystalising a ton of wages in one fell swoop would utterly destroy a balance sheet I would imagine.

I am sure its been done with a one off player at times, (Rooney?), but unless someone who knows the details of this, I cant see it myself.

Will be disappointed if that Everton Soares signs for City, would be pretty cool to have a slotter called Everton playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back