Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many managers did Spurs go through, to get to this 'way' of building you talk about, or do you honestly think Poch wouldn't have been shown the door had he not done the job he is doing, they also bought Alli who happened to be coinciding with Kanes breakthrough and they took a chance on the very highly rated Erikson, who is turning out every bit as good as his potential.

Sorry but to say spurs miraculously just happened to end up where they are now without going through what we are going through is naive.

The same amount we've been through before actually giving someone time. He started off a tad Rocky too.

...I have to admit, i’m not overly worried about how much a target costs as long as they fit the team model and prove value for money.
I agree, as long as they live of to their fee each signing will be a overall positive on the team. I do rate Batshuayi highly and have supported the move for him even before the rumors came to be when I made my transfer wish list just after the holidays and even had him at the top of the list but I think 40m is over shooting a bit. Seems like a fee that he will have to prove he is worth once he’s with us though and a bit over shot

The same amount we've been through before actually giving someone time. He started off a tad Rocky too.

Which is exactly my point. They kept plowing through managers until they got one that worked, eventually they got rewards but if Poch hadn't done a decent job he would have been out the door as well, they didn't build it like was being said, they kept changing until they got the right man in. I was of the same mindset last year but at some point I started to crave consistency and when the same stuff on the field is still happening 4 managers later, time to look at the bigger picture.

They have replaced him with Dendoncker who was last years flavour of the month till Wolves found out he is crap and don’t play him
May be an injury , but if he’s going somewhere I doubt it’s here

He has played in quite a few of their recent games. As far I can tell he received good ratings. I'm not going to pretend I watch Wolves a lot. I do know why it has taken so long for them to play him though. He was angry throughout the entirety of last season, because he didn't get a transfer and played a very bad season (like a lot of players in that team), that unfortunately I did see every game. During the summer, he was again distracted because of a transfer and he only got his transfer in August, so he only half and half did the RSCA preseason and almost non for Wolves. For 12 million pounds he's good business for Wolves. I see they are playing him in midfield so he should be happy. This was from the Leicester match: Leander Dendoncker 8: The majority of Dendoncker’s efforts in training in recent months have been geared with a midfield spot in mind, so we shouldn’t have been too surprised to see the Belgian continue in that position against the Foxes.What Dendoncker provides which Wolves’ other midfielders can’t is physicality. Neves and Moutinho look far more comfortable with the big Belgian charging around midfield kicking everything in sight.That’s not to say he can’t play himself, though. Dendoncker used the ball sensibly and rarely gives it up without one hell of a fight. Seems like accurate assessment and in line with what he normally did/does.

He has played in quite a few of their recent games. As far I can tell he received good ratings. I'm not going to pretend I watch Wolves a lot. I do know why it has taken so long for them to play him though. He was angry throughout the entirety of last season, because he didn't get a transfer and played a very bad season (like a lot of players in that team), that unfortunately I did see every game. During the summer, he was again distracted because of a transfer and he only got his transfer in August, so he only half and half did the RSCA preseason and almost non for Wolves. For 12 million pounds he's good business for Wolves. I see they are playing him in midfield so he should be happy. This was from the Leicester match: Leander Dendoncker 8: The majority of Dendoncker’s efforts in training in recent months have been geared with a midfield spot in mind, so we shouldn’t have been too surprised to see the Belgian continue in that position against the Foxes.What Dendoncker provides which Wolves’ other midfielders can’t is physicality. Neves and Moutinho look far more comfortable with the big Belgian charging around midfield kicking everything in sight.That’s not to say he can’t play himself, though. Dendoncker used the ball sensibly and rarely gives it up without one hell of a fight. Seems like accurate assessment and in line with what he normally did/does.
He played well this weekend I thought

Whole 11 has issues. This is why brands was bought in.

It wont be fixed even this summer but positive steps have been made.

Completely negligible the contracts we have dished out to pap.

Of the team that started Sunday I only want pick, digne, gomes, Rico, Lookman and Bernard starting next season. Gana can stay on bench and I dont even know where to begin with the defence.

It’s just woeful and we are in a mess on and off the pitch.

Siggy too slow and playing in the wrong position, we don’t know our best cb pairing, Coleman lost his pace and now afraid to attack plus Walcott was terrible which didn’t help. Rico in the wrong position and we dont have striker, still.

Just a mess.

First and foremost we need to somehow sack off every player who isn’t good enough which is clearly proving difficult.

Then we can focus on bringing in players like digne who have vastly improved us and want to be here fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back