Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying no to dzeko:Blink:
Football is short term now, even if he does 2 years of decent quality its not bad for 23 mill when you think what we have paid for tosun, balosie etc

2 years of quality is probs more than any sigining in recent memory has given us

It would go against everything Moshiri said in the AGM, I think is the point people are making. So not so much as turning our noses up as just it doesn't seem realistic.

I'd love it, like.

I'm still of the mindset that this weakens us significantly, HOWEVER, if we get 35M for him, I'll be interested to see how Moshiri responds to that. We need two CMs/DMs. If it enables us to buy TWO new players, I'll be impressed. But I just don't see how this could make us better.

Its long term thinking.

Suspect we will buy that Wilmar fella, then that leaves 10mish spare.

I noticed a tweet from Esk earlier, Ganas book price is around 3m, a 27m profit helps us in other ways.

But I think he will be sold cos he wants to leave, I doubt he will make a stink, but its a good move for him and for the reasons above, its a "good" move for us.

The future will judge this sale.

I'm still of the mindset that this weakens us significantly, HOWEVER, if we get 35M for him, I'll be interested to see how Moshiri responds to that. We need two CMs/DMs. If it enables us to buy TWO new players, I'll be impressed. But I just don't see how this could make us better.[/QUOTE

I’m a big fan of Guyue, but he doesn’t seem to fit Silva’s system. If we can move him on for a profit and replace him with people better suited to how he wants to play we should do it.

People saying no to dzeko:Blink:
Football is short term now, even if he does 2 years of decent quality its not bad for 23 mill when you think what we have paid for tosun, balosie etc

2 years of quality is probs more than any sigining in recent memory has given us

Was going to say the same ... let’s say we signed a 22 year old and he played great for two seasons... city etc would come in and he’d leave anyway. Only difference is we would get a fee for him .

Dzeko would give us 2 decent years... by that time DRKSSDL should be the England number 9 and captain, bullying defenders like drogba, scoring 30 yard volleys against the RS and competing with Kane for the golden boot

......just over a week of the transfer window left and here’s this Tuesday morning’s Toffee transfer rumour round-up;

- According to Equipe, PSG have had an opening bid of €25m rejected for Everton midfielder, Idrissa Gueye, but are encouraged that the asking price has dropped and the Toffees are prepared to accept between €30m-€35m.

- Calciomercato web report Everton are plotting a bid of up to £22m for Roma striker, Edin Dzeko. Roma will consider releasing a player who turns 33 in March and earns £4m per year.

- The Liverpool Echo confirm Yannick Bolasie has activated a return clause in his loan contract with Aston Villa as he wants to fight for his place at Everton. The Toffees had a similar clause but had no intention of triggering it. The Birmingham Mail say Villa were paying the entirety of Bolasie’s £70k per week salary and are delighted the 29 year old has cut-short his underwhelming stint with the club.

- Talking to Italian radio station, Radio Goal, Everton scout Carlo Jacomuzzi dismissed rumours linking the Toffees with Amadou Diawara from Napoli. Jacomuzzi said “there are many games in Italy where I fall asleep. I went to see Inter v Sassuolo & I did not know what to write in the report for Everton”.

- RT suggest Everton are showing interest in Zenit St Petersburg’s 30 year old striker, Artem Dzyuba.

- Various outlets say Everton and Southampton are weighing up a move for Manchester City Forward, Rabbi Matondo. The 18 year olds contract is up at the end of this season.

My biggest worry is we’ve been piling money in the last few Summers and still have an unbalanced squad. Too many number 10’s, sorted that, no left back, sorted that, no good centre-halves, sorted that, no classy CM, sorted that.

Yet we still look crap. Maybe it is just the striker we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back