Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcel Brands happy cocktail summer plan to make Everton great again.

Next season: finish second

Second thereafter: win league, runner up Europa league after not getting out of group stages in Champions league, league cup 1-0 win over RS

Blueprint:

Summer ins:

Lozano – 30m
Chiesa – 18m
Doucoure – 40m
Martinez – 22m
Tah – 35m
Beyer – 6m
Gomes – 24m
Zouma – 16m
Pope/Heaton – 8m
Chakvetadze – 12m
Tchouameni – 20m

Total 231m

Summer outs:

Gueye – 30m
Macca – 7m
Bolasie – 10m
Niasse – 8m
Tosun – 20m
Schneidelrin – 18m
Pickford – 70m
Galloway – 2m
Pennington – 4m
Mirallas – 4m
Besic – 4m
Dowell – 15m
Keane – 18m

Total 210m

TOTAL NET SPEND 21M

4-3-2-1

Pope
Beyer Tah Mina Digne
Doucoure Gomes Chakvetadze
Lookman Richarlison
Martinez

Squad: Sigurdsson, Bernard, Coleman, Zouma, Walcott, Baines, Calvert-Lewin

Step away from the computer and put your hands where we can see them

We have Zat for this kind of stuff

Second thereafter: win league, runner up Europa league after not getting out of group stages in Champions league, league cup 1-0 win over RS

Blueprint:

Summer ins:

Lozano – 30m
Chiesa – 18m
Doucoure – 40m
Martinez – 22m
Tah – 35m
Beyer – 6m
Gomes – 24m
Zouma – 16m
Pope/Heaton – 8m
Chakvetadze – 12m
Tchouameni – 20m

Total 231m

Summer outs:

Gueye – 30m
Macca – 7m
Bolasie – 10m
Niasse – 8m
Tosun – 20m
Schneidelrin – 18m
Pickford – 70m
Galloway – 2m
Pennington – 4m
Mirallas – 4m
Besic – 4m
Dowell – 15m
Keane – 18m

Total 210m

TOTAL NET SPEND 21M

4-3-2-1

Pope
Beyer Tah Mina Digne
Lookman Richarlison
Martinez

Jesus wept

Someone make it stop please

Blueprint:

Summer ins:

Lozano – 30m
Chiesa – 18m
Doucoure – 40m
Martinez – 22m
Tah – 35m
Beyer – 6m
Gomes – 24m
Zouma – 16m
Pope/Heaton – 8m
Chakvetadze – 12m
Tchouameni – 20m

Total 231m

Summer outs:

Gueye – 30m
Macca – 7m
Bolasie – 10m
Niasse – 8m
Tosun – 20m
Schneidelrin – 18m
Pickford – 70m
Galloway – 2m
Pennington – 4m
Mirallas – 4m
Besic – 4m
Dowell – 15m
Keane – 18m

Total 210m

TOTAL NET SPEND 21M

4-3-2-1

Pope
Beyer Tah Mina Digne
Lookman Richarlison
Martinez

Oh you forgot Messi

Joking apart, would getting rid of Pickford to bring in the likes of a Pope plus cash be that bad a strategy if it strengthened the rest of the team?

I'd prefer to keep Pickford, but I don't think that we have the luxury of not having to sell, if it means improving the overall team.

I think we could see these kind of transactions in the summer. It’s evident, the players we can sell are likely going to be someone who is performing well enough to develop interest - with that money being invested in cheaper younger players.

It seems the most likely scenario, it’s just s shame that none of the squad are capable of generating a ridiculous fee to help with the build - At the moment.

The other concerning thing is the fan base can be too expectant that we should be performing better with relatively poor options.

Just look at how surplus players were eased off the payroll on loan last summer and people now think it was stupid and we should have sold (who to exactly, I’m not sure). It’s surpirising how many people think things are better than they actually are.

I am hoping for improvements in the summer and welcome Brands trying to resolve some issues, but don’t expect too much. Hopefully we can come out the window stronger again.

....it’s the 24th day of this January transfer window, which means we have just one week left. Here’s Thursday morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- Football London report Crystal Palace are 5/2 favourites to sign Everton striker Cenk Tosun this month after a stream of bets on the move.

- The Mirror says Everton may have beaten off big money interest in midfielder, Idrissa Gueye, after PSG turned their attention to Argentinian international Leandro Paredes. The 24 year old is expected to move for £35m from Zenit St Petersburg. The Liverpool Echo, however, suggest PSG are still interested in Gueye.

- La Liga giants, Atletico Madrid, are looking to send 23 year old winger, Gelson Martins, on loan and according to Chronicle: Everton, Arsenal and Newcastle are battling for his signature. The player is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury and it is believed Newcastle are in the driving seat to acquire him.

Tosun to Crystal Palace makes a little bit more sense when you consider Allardyce was linked with him whilst there. It’s likely someone in the scouting department has remained interested especially given he wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. Coupled with the fact that they seem to love buying Tosun-esque strikers - I’d go so far to say they collect them. Hopefully we see them pounce.

I think we could see these kind of transactions in the summer. It’s evident, the players we can sell are likely going to be someone who is performing well enough to develop interest - with that money being invested in cheaper younger players.

It seems the most likely scenario, it’s just s shame that none of the squad are capable of generating a ridiculous fee to help with the build - At the moment.

The other concerning thing is the fan base can be too expectant that we should be performing better with relatively poor options.

Just look at how surplus players were eased off the payroll on loan last summer and people now think it was stupid and we should have sold (who to exactly, I’m not sure). It’s surpirising how many people think things are better than they actually are.

I am hoping for improvements in the summer and welcome Brands trying to resolve some issues, but don’t expect too much. Hopefully we can come out the window stronger again.
It's a tricky business I am sure. Too many changes involving the first team, and no one gels and it's another transitional year. Keep your best players and tinker with the squad players to bolster the first team and it's a long term project. The first Brands-Silva window I think was spot on and couldn't realistically be improved on (apart from the striker issue). If we'd had some dead wood out this window and someone available at a price that was worth us going for him in the window (balance of January premium vs benefit of getting them in to give them half a season extra in the team whilst it's still forming and addressing a weak area) then I'd have been happy.

Next summer is key! This window may well be a frustration for us all to get past. Roll on 1st February.

Tosun to Crystal Palace makes a little bit more sense when you consider Allardyce was linked with him whilst there. It’s likely someone in the scouting department has remained interested especially given he wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. Coupled with the fact that they seem to love buying Tosun-esque strikers - I’d go so far to say they collect them. Hopefully we see them pounce.

I should also comment on the fact Bolasie could be key to any deal - obvs they can only buy one, but hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone.

It's a tricky business I am sure. Too many changes involving the first team, and no one gels and it's another transitional year. Keep your best players and tinker with the squad players to bolster the first team and it's a long term project. The first Brands-Silva window I think was spot on and couldn't realistically be improved on (apart from the striker issue). If we'd had some dead wood out this window and someone available at a price that was worth us going for him in the window (balance of January premium vs benefit of getting them in to give them half a season extra in the team whilst it's still forming and addressing a weak area) then I'd have been happy.

Next summer is key! This window may well be a frustration for us all to get past. Roll on 1st February.

Agreed, the Summer is already looking promising given the natural wastage plus Vlasic has performed and could generate a healthy profit (should we decide to sell).

There is the issue of the deadwood and exactly how much time Brands can focus on that whilst balancing time spent on incomings - well let’s just hope he has the time and appropriate interest. He may feel it’s time to just get what he can and if loans are done early it’s likely he wants to prioritise his energy on more pressing measures, such as the Niasse loan situation. Waiting until the end of Jan made sense, but there’s no guarantees he would have generated a perm. So can understand just getting him in the window and focusing on the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back