Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tosun was very highly thought of before he got “Evertoned”, I remember Guardiola speaking highly of him.

All the experts on here calling him garbage, yeah right lads, take your word over that every day of the week!

The facts are, he’s just another decent player ruined in the actual shambles of a transfer policy we have been operating under for the last 2 years.

I like the fact that he wants to stay and fight for his place, shows a bit of grit, a feature obviously missing amongst the majority of the current crop of charlatans we have turning out.

Probably not just the transfer policy. We've had far too many managers in a short space of time and the players
seem to have difficulty finding their way after each change.

Tosun is really, really slow. Arguably too slow for the Premier League, particularly when he has no other standout assets to offset his lack of pace. Let's compare him to say, Giroud, who is also known for being pretty slow. Giroud offers that deadly aerial threat and does a lot of the 'dirty' work for other players. Or compare him to Callum Wilson who is better technically and seems to have more tenacity to his game. I'm not going to compare him to any of the better players as it wouldn't be fair. I just feel his game is far too limited, especially if the manager is determined to stick to this formation. Just get as much as we can for him and wish him all the best.

Tosun is this years Niasse. Marginalised, he'll probably end up staying, then when things get really bad will come into the team and score a few crucial goals at home against crap teams to sure things up and make sure we finish midtable - coincidentally also mirroring his contribution last season. Time is a flat circle. Everything we have done or will do we will do over and over and over again.

Tosun was very highly thought of before he got “Evertoned”, I remember Guardiola speaking highly of him.

All the experts on here calling him garbage, yeah right lads, take your word over that every day of the week!

The facts are, he’s just another decent player ruined in the actual shambles of a transfer policy we have been operating under for the last 2 years.

I like the fact that he wants to stay and fight for his place, shows a bit of grit, a feature obviously missing amongst the majority of the current crop of charlatans we have turning out.

So good that he had scored less goals than Kone had in the Super Lig by the time we signed him that season.

Come on mate, he's better than that.

He’s a player that United use in big games to put out fires and do man marking jobs, I’m not saying he’s a crap player, I just don’t want us to be signing that type of player when we’ve already got someone who does that job. We need creativity in that midfield desperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back