Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf Koeman kept hinting that we needed a striker as if it was a push towards the board for more money but then he should never have spent £45m on Gylfi if that's the case.
Yeah I know we are a joke. It’s really shocking what we need to bring in in the summer. Whole defence apart from left back.. at least 2 centre mid and 2 strikers.. unbelievable

just what i know from before the window, we have our eye on a striker who is not available till the summer (that suggests that maybe it is one of the Germany based players currently trying to compete for a european place) as for a goalkeeper all i heard was we are looking for another option as neither Silva or Brands are 100% sold on Pickford but i have no idea if it's just as backup or to actually replace Pickford.

Leipzig: Werner/Augustin
Frankfurt: Haller/Jovic

Weve been linked with Augustin of course but im sure Leipzig would have been ok selling in Jan.

Werners contract will only have 12months to run in summer

Jovic of course is on loan till end of season so perhaps they exercise their buy clause and then we buy direct from Frankfurt...

I would say we have the better GK, Defence (bar Diop) and a slight edge in midfield- however they seemingly are able to spend big money and wages whereas we seem completely hamstrung at present.

My concern is until the new stadium is built (3-4 seasons away at the minimum realistically) we run the risk of not only falling away from the top 6 but also the gash sides around us who seem able to improve the squad and throw around cash. Wolves also have the advantage of being Mendes' plaything.

West Ham have spent a lot, but we did not long ago. If their ins turn out as bad as ours then they will be restricted as we presently are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back