Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we are being hoodwinked nobody new will don the royal blue as why get someone in for seventh place. Need a centre forward but Calvert Lewin is it in my estimation until the summer. We will see.

.....a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to Evertonians around the world. With just one day to the opening of the January Transfer window, here’s a summary of this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- According to the Daily Mail, Everton’s Director of Football, Marcel Brands, has named a permanent deal for on-loan midfielder, Andre Gomes, his priority heading into the January transfer window.

- The Daily Mail also report Everton interest in signing Bournemouth striker, Callum Wilson. The 26 year old has scored 8 goals and provided 5 assists in 19 appearances for the Cherries this season and could command a fee of around £50m.

- The Birmingham Mail and various other outlets say West Brom are expected to complete the loan signing of Everton defender Mason Holgate ahead of Championship rivals, Leeds United. The 22 year old Doncaster born defender came through the academy at Barnsley and has made 48 appearances for the Toffees since moving in the Summer of 2014.

- The Daily Mirror suggest Everton are scouting 22 year old Hull forward, Jarrod Bowen. The 22 year old has scored 10 goals this season, including 6 in his last 6 games but Everton might have difficulty securing his services with Tottenham Hotspur also interested.

.....a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to Evertonians around the world. With just one day to the opening of the January Transfer window, here’s a summary of this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- According to the Daily Mail, Everton’s Director of Football, Marcel Brands, has named a permanent deal for on-loan midfielder, Andre Gomes, his priority heading into the January transfer window.

- The Daily Mail also report Everton interest in signing Bournemouth striker, Callum Wilson. The 26 year old has scored 8 goals and provided 5 assists in 19 appearances for the Cherries this season and could command a fee of around £50m.

- The Birmingham Mail and various other outlets say West Brom are expected to complete the loan signing of Everton defender Mason Holgate ahead of Championship rivals, Leeds United. The 22 year old Doncaster born defender came through the academy at Barnsley and has made 48 appearances for the Toffees since moving in the Summer of 2014.

- The Daily Mirror suggest Everton are scouting 22 year old Hull forward, Jarrod Bowen. The 22 year old has scored 10 goals this season, including 6 in his last 6 games but Everton might have difficulty securing his services with Tottenham Hotspur also interested.

Thanks me eggs , I do look forward to your posts, great work as always

Eriksen agrees the tournament undermines a top-four challenge, and concedes his boss faces an unenviable task when it comes to managing his resources to keep Spurs competing strongly in England’s top flight and abroad.

However, the former Ajax man says he would have thought twice about joining Tottenham if they had missed out on a European spot two years ago.

“I’d rather play in Europe than nothing,” said the Danish midfielder. “Of course there are many games but if you have a big squad like we have I think it shouldn’t be a disappointment to play in Europe. A lot of players want to be in Europe.

“Is it a factor when it comes to signing players? I think so, it would be for me personally. I don’t know if it is for anybody else but I think so. Of course that will probably help the team and the club as well [if we qualify].

“I always wanted to play in Europe, to be seen there or in the Premier League, so it was a big chance and for me it was a good thing.

“Does it help you to finish in the top four if you’re not in Europe? Yes of course it does. I heard we’re one of the teams that has played the most games. But you only get better from playing so I don’t see an issue in playing. At the beginning of the year we can probably count that but later in the year we hope we’ll go to win it.”

I’m not surprised he’s as good as he is with an attitude like that. Quality player who didn’t settle immediately after spurs bought him with the Bale money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back