Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a 36 year old Defoe who can't even get a game for Bournemouth and Llorente who has never been able to force his way into the Spurs team, even when Son was on international duty
That'd be a proven goalscorer for the bench to come on instead of tosun or niasse,
And a Target man that's already proven to have a good understanding with our record signing,
Both available for a pittance

Academies take years to bare fruit from and we have a two year ban on signing young players . I know we are all selling clubs but not in the same way as Ajax or Monaco , players go there knowing they will get their move if they are good enough and get it fast. We are not a push over when it comes to selling our players as stones and lukaku shows. But like I said finding players good enough for the Dutch, German and French League is easy so less failures or complete right offs. If a player fails here , which is more likely , we will potentially take a massive hit like sandro for example.

Need to follow sports news more. I hadn't realised you got banned.
A few English clubs under that threat Us,Chelsea(about time).

French league is still relatively cheap.
Guendouzi was £7m (now valued at £18m) and still only 19.
But for every gem like Kantè there's a Yaya Sanogoals. He may have only cost £100k but we were paying him about £40k a week.
In 2 years his only contribution was a corner that never was to equalise against Hull in the cup final.

Obviously I'm not spending 64M on him if I'm Everton, unless I have a new kit deal and I'm actually pushing the top 4, because the return might be worth it. It would immediately put Everton kits in every store in the country, whereas right now it's Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Man U, Chelsea, LFC, Barca, Real, Bayern, and quite a few Dortmund jerseys.

But on the soccer side, he's still really good. Would I prefer Hirving Lozano? Different types of players, but I think Pulisic is better at this point. Pulisic can score plenty, but he's better at creating chances for others, which he does well. His ball control is sensational, but his quickness and movement is what truly makes him great. The only one we have that's remotely similar is Bernard, although they are definitely different players. Pulisic can play centrally and I've never seen Bernard do so, nor do I think he's well suited for it.

THAT BEING SAID, if we don't see Bernard on the right in place of Walcott next PL match, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

I would say those two areas are his weak points, the things he has to improve on. His end product has been I would say very average so far. I'm sure that's something that will be getting plenty of work, if he adds the end product to his game, then he really can become a good player for Chelsea.

Hopefully , I still can’t beleive the amount of money we spend on mirralas , sandro, bolasie, Morgan, mcarthy , niasse , Tuson and the younger players , none of which would be missed if we let them all leave
To be fair to Mirallas and Sandro, they were both far cheaper than all the others you've listed there. Niasse alone cost more than both of them combined.

Good player is Tammy Abraham, 18 million is good business for Wolves if it comes off and a decent investment overall.

Its one i wouldn't be disappointed with, if we had another warm body up front, but something more established is required as a priority if we are going to invest.

That'd be a proven goalscorer for the bench to come on instead of tosun or niasse,
And a Target man that's already proven to have a good understanding with our record signing,
Both available for a pittance

Big Dunc is a proven Prem goal scorer, why not just send him out next time we’re chasing the game?!

Two players both well past their best who haven’t had significant playing time for at least a year. Even if it wasn’t a horrible shout (it is), it’d be April or so by the time we got them up to anything resembling match fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back