Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need a striker this window. And really we need 2 strikers in total by the start of next season. Let's go out and pay Bournemouth what they want for Callum Wilson now and then in the summer let's look to get a top striker to lead this team to where we want to be.
hqdefault.jpg

I though st the AGM it was said we would be concentrating on young players on low wages
Callum Wilson fits neither of these criteria

No he doesn't. I have to say what I find a bit confusing with the club though, is some of the rhetoric is yet to be borne out by decisions. I do wonder when this push towards young players will occur?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/09/aaron-ramsey-arsenal-juventus-five-year-deal-36m

"It had been clear the Wales international would move in the summer and Juventus had been the frontrunners to secure the 28-year-old’s signature. Ramsey will be paid around £140,000 a week (£7.2m a season), making him Juventus’s second-highest earner behind Cristiano Ronaldo but ahead Paulo Dybala and Douglas Costa."

I know I should let it go, but Sandro Ramirez is right up there with Juventus' best paid palyers.

Italian clubs quote wages after tax, so his true wage is nearly double that

The loan moves seem to be a disaster for Sandro, on top of a really bad start at Everton under RK.
when a player is on loan at a club he needs to be performing really well to get into the team. A manager will not persist with a poorly performing loan player as there is no advantage to be had. He might as well play one of his own permanent players.

I think Sandro needs to come back to Everton, work hard under the manager and try to rebuild his career and reputation from scratch.

Silva did seem to like Sandro and certainly used him a lot in pre season but Sandro wanted to go back to Spain .. on loan...again, and for the second time that has not worked.
I don't think Sandro will ever be a goalscoring forward , but playing as a wide player he seemed to have potential. His confidence must be low, and stuck on the sidelines at a loan club will not help that.

I don't think I've ever disagreed with something you've posted more than this

His lack of quality and intelligence absolutely baffled me, given he came through Barca's academy and even played in their first team

Don't think I've ever seen a forward player make less intelligent runs

Seemed that the only thing he really had in his locker was shifting the ball a yard onto his right foot and having a blast, other than that I saw nothing really which made me think he'd ever make it here. In fact, for all the stick Niasse takes about his lack of ability as an actual footballer, I think Sandro has got off really lightly in this regard.

I don't think I saw anything when he was central or wide which gave me any confidence he'd progress here. The wages he's on means it'll also be incredibly difficult to shift him too - he might be with us/out on loan for a long time

Batshuayi recalled from Valencia, hard to imagine its because they want to play him.

Wouldn't be surprised if we were keen.

I mean 50m for a player thats never broke 10 goals in a premier league season and has also done his ACL in both knees.

I mean come on?

That is key to why he hasn’t scored more than 10 in a season, and also why he could never in a billion years be worth £50m. You can’t splash that out on someone with his injury record. Luckily we aren’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back