Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

A thoroughbred amongst strikers...

VioletFirsthandCow-size_restricted.gif

Batshuayi could be a sneaky good buy... still relatively young (25), yet has quite a bit of top level experience. He's bounced around enough to where even if he does well at Everton, I doubt he'd rush to make yet another move to a bigger club. If he was to prove himself at Everton, I would think he'd be satisfied with staying having finally found himself a home...The talent is undeniable, but you get the feeling he's yet to put it all together. Tbh I'm not a big fan, but even I can understand that the talent and big potential is there... despite the hot/cold stretches in his career

£35m for Batshuayi has got Steve Walsh written all over it. I don’t even think he’s a bad player and I was totally on board with the £15m shouts but that seems way over the top to me.

So far the worlds greatest DOF’s masterplan appears to be ringing the champions league clubs in deadline week and asking if they’ve got anyone going spare. Not quite what I had in mind when we appointed him I must admit.

Batshuyai's record (not including the farmer Belgium league)

Marseille: 62 games (26 goals) ave 1 in 2.5 games

Chelsea: 32 games (7 goals) ave 1 in every 4.5 games

Dortmund 10 games (7 goals) ave 1 in every 1.5 games

Valencia 15 games (1 goal) ave 1 in 15 games

Belgium 22 games (12 goals) ave 1 in every 1.5 games

So basically has a good scoring record in Germany, France and at international level.

Poor record in Spain and England although he has not had a settled run of games at Chelsea so hard to fully judge him.

Based on the fact that their are no top strikers available in January its definitely a yes for me. Miles better than Tosun and DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back